Hard top
Hard top with sunroof
Glass top
Convertible

How do they compare?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am 6' 0" and test drove the hardtop, ended up buying the glass top. There definitely is a little more headroom in the hardtop, but I don't feel too constrained in the glass top like reviewers say about the sunroof model.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That is one thick *** sunroof. I wanted one but there was no head room. Without it I have at least 3" clerance.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yup, im 6' 2" and i had to get a hardtop just to have head room.
Dont get me wrong, i love mu hardtop!
But it would be so much nicer if seat gets lower than now. ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
That is one thick *** sunroof. I wanted one but there was no head room. Without it I have at least 3" clerance.
+1 on that. I'm 6ft 1in and am glad to have a hardtop. Also glass is heavy and up way high on this car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the glass roof is the same clearance as the metal roof, and the sunroof is lower. The convertible top probably has alot of clearance since its so thin?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
it has more, yes....but for only about half of your head. If you have a hightop fade with a step in it A la Kid N Play, it might work out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm 6'2", the hard top gives me about 3" of clearance without pushing down my hair; with the sunroof model my hair is constantly brushing on the roof, not enough to be dangerous but enough to be annoying. I didn't even know a glass non-sunroof roof was an option - I'm guessing that's Lounge only? They'll pry my clutch pedal off my cold, dead foot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm 6'2", the hard top gives me about 3" of clearance without pushing down my hair; with the sunroof model my hair is constantly brushing on the roof, not enough to be dangerous but enough to be annoying. I didn't even know a glass non-sunroof roof was an option - I'm guessing that's Lounge only? They'll pry my clutch pedal off my cold, dead foot.

My sport has a glass roof

·
Registered
255 Posts
LeftTurney, that's a sunroof.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
My car has a sunroof. If your tall passager side.
Your head room is limited. I'm only 5'7" plenty of
room for me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, that was my question - I didn't know a glass roof was even an option on these cars, but if so I assume it must be a Lounge option. Smarts have the option of a glass roof.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had to learn to lean back more, as I usually sit more upright. I love my car, and I love my sunroof, but if headroom is a big concern, TEST THEM!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm 6'3" and currently have a glass roof and the room is fine. My wife has a sunroof in hers which puts me in the passenger seat and the hair brushing the roof is annoying. I tested the Abarth with the sunroof and I fit fine, I guess since I lean back quite a bit when I drive. I'm undecided on the sunroof on the Abarth since it's comfortable enough but I may drop it to reduce weight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts