Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve noticed that I have no heat on the feet and defrost , only the one in your face , is there anything that I can do myself?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Ludwig,
Maybe if you gave a little more info... What does the selector dial feel like when you switch from Defrost to upper vent, to foot vent, etc. Maybe a linkage came loose? Is the heat on your face normal temp? Is there ANY air blowing from the other vents? if so - is it cold?

Help us to help you!

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Do you have automatic climate control, or manual controls. Check what setting you have you car on. Vent, floor, defrost, etc. With the automatic system. You can have it on several areas at a time. Sounds like you have your heating system, on the vent setting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have automatic climate control, or manual controls. Check what setting you have you car on. Vent, floor, defrost, etc. With the automatic system. You can have it on several areas at a time. Sounds like you have your heating system, on the vent setting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, so I tried every dial and hot air comes out on the front vents on your face , when I put it on defrost, little air comes out as the feet too, full air on the face. The air is normal temperature, let me know if this helps you understand, thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
Myself, I would start by checking the interior fuse panel. If it's not a fuse, it's probably something for the service department to check out.

Inside the heater box, there are several flaps, moved by servos. The servos are a geared motor and position contacts. If one of those fails, the flapper valves are not moved to their proper position. They usually fail, in order, because the plastic gears fail, the motor burns out, the flapper gets sticky, or they aren't receiving a proper signal to move. After checking the fuses, you could try resetting the BCM (unplug the battery for 10 minutes) but I don't think that'll have an effect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts