Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its starting to get a little cooler out side. Love opening the sunroof, and turning on the heated seat. Feels really good. Has any one noticed, that the heated seats, turn off and on while driving. It gets to a certain temp, for a while. Cools down, then turn its self back on again. Wonder if that normal. Some safety guard. They do get HOT!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Same here with the Cabrio top down.

Heated seats weren't an option in the Pop so I had them added aftermarket along with my Katzkin. Mine has two settings, warm and toasty.

Feels great on the back and the backside. :D

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I think they turn off and on so they don't get too hot as you mentioned, it was pretty chilly out this evening on the way home from dinner and they were very nice! They get hot FAST and then although the light went out they seemed to have stopped heating, I turned it off and on again since at first I wasn't sure why they had turned off like that, they again got HOT and then weren't.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would assume that's normal. My Volvo was like that. Kind of like how a rear defroster works. I don't have them on my Pop, didn't really care for them on the earlier cars I've had.

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the 500, there just come on and off. Don't have to push the button again. My other cars just stay on, all the time. They also have two differnt heat settings. I guess this must be normal?

·
Registered
614 Posts
MY aftermarket seats stay on and don't go off unless the switch (on side of the seat) is switched off.

I remember when I ordered mine and added the heated seats, I was told I would be a lot happier with the aftermarket seats than the factory ones.

Seems like he eluded to not heating the back of the seat very far up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.