Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the site. Anyways today I test drove a Fiat 500 and I am in love with it. I was surprised how refined the ride was for such a small wheelbase & with all the interior room, I must tell you I just looked at a Ford Fiesta and the 500 actually has more rear legroom.

The one I'm looking at is the 500 Pop in Expresso with the Bose premium audio system, with my trade in it really is a great deal, however the one thing stopping me is the questionable safety. Can anyone ease my mind on that? And is there anything else I should know before buying?

Thank You,
Jason464

·
Registered
765 Posts
The European Fiat 500 has earned the high crash safety ratings (the 1st Subcompact to earn 5 star adult occupant rating)...the US version has a few improvements on top of that. While it would be a mistake to automatically assume that the structurally strengthened US version is better, I am not concerned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And especially since its been in europe for almost 7 years (?) if it was an issue Im sure it would be known.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A friend of mine sent me the following video to scare me out of buying one:

perhaps something to consider, but the car is well rated, and obviously it can only do so much against a tank

but the video didn't work on me because I ended up with an Espresso Sport from the Downey studio... strangely enough, I *almost* bought that exact Pop you're looking at at LA Motor Village, so great choice if you get it ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A friend of mine sent me the following video to scare me out of buying one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVF1Wr7GLQ

perhaps something to consider, but the car is well rated, and obviously it can only do so much against a tank

but the video didn't work on me because I ended up with an Espresso Sport from the Downey studio... strangely enough, I *almost* bought that exact Pop you're looking at at LA Motor Village, so great choice if you get it ;-)
Thats the same video that scared me to death! haha. But your right its all in perspective. If an suv got hit by a semi truck it would probably be as bad.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I saw that video before buying my 500 and thought 'whatever'. It doesn't matter what car you buy there is always a bigger car or truck that can take you out in the same manner so it's all relative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts