Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Rob and I should be an owner by the end of the week.

After looking at the FIAT 500 for the past few months I finally did a deal today on a Lounge. Performance wise I'm moving down from a 7 year old RX-8 but given the gas prices I never pushed the car anymore as the mileage is pretty terrible.

I wanted a Sport in Rosso Brillante but there were no more available 5 speed with a sunroof. The sales rep showed me a Lounge in Rosso Brillante that he had and after requesting some cosmetic changes I went for it. It still doesn't have a sunroof that opens but it does have the roof window so it was a comprimise.

If all goes well I should have it either this Thursday or Friday but that depends if the changes will be ready. So what I have coming is a Lounge Rosso Brillante with OZ 17" Adrenalina RIMs in Matt Black & Diamond Cut, tinted windows and they are trying to get me the sport spoiler to add on.

I had the option to order a Sport the way I wanted it from the factory but he said with the factory being closed in July and August being full that I wouldn't get the car until early October. Worked out fine because the Lounge actually looks pretty nice with the leather seats.

I look forward to sharing some stories and experiences with everyone. The fun part for me is that I'll be able to surprise my dad with the car, he used to have an old 500 at my uncles house in Italy a long time ago that he used when he visited. I remember being in the passenger seat and there was no floor and the seat wasn't clamped down either. Fun times.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sales rep called today and told me that he could only locate two OZ Adrenaline rims and if I wanted those rims he would have to order two more from Italy. So I decided to upgrade to the Enkei PF01 instead which are 15.5 lbs each as opposed to the OZ Adrenaline which were 20 or 21 lbs each. Hopefully no more delays and I'll pick it up next Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since my wheels were holding up delivery of the car I called my sales rep yesterday and told him that I would pick up the car today. I figured when the wheels arrived I would just bring it back to get them installed. So I drive over and was surprised to see that they had the car ready for my in front of the dealership WITH my wheels on it as they arrived this morning.

Sad to see the RX-8 go but very happy with the 500, enjoyed the drive home. The car wasn't as clean as I would have expected for delivery, it still had some sticky stuff from the white sticker protector on various parts of the car. It also had small bits of the white sticker still stuck on it too. Maybe I'm too picky but I expected it too look cleaner considering I bought it at a Ferrari dealership. I can only guess that the margins are so low on the car they would lose money on the car having their Ferrari detailers cleaning the car.

Anyways, it gave me time with the car when I got home as I washed it and detailed it myself.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on the car. Surprised that Paolo (I assume you got it at Maranello Fiat) didn't take better care of getting the car prepped. I didn't end up getting mine through him, but he impressed me with his professionalism and the amount of time and attention they'll give you when shopping a Fiat, even though I'm sure their profit on a Maseratti is more than the purchase price of a Fiat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found bits of that white sticker in a couple places as well - I think it was just so pervasive after being removed that it was easy to miss a few

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the car. Surprised that Paolo (I assume you got it at Maranello Fiat) didn't take better care of getting the car prepped. I didn't end up getting mine through him, but he impressed me with his professionalism and the amount of time and attention they'll give you when shopping a Fiat, even though I'm sure their profit on a Maseratti is more than the purchase price of a Fiat.
I have absolutely no complaints about the shopping experience at all, actually I worked with Paolo and I have nothing but great things to say about him and his professionalism. He worked very hard getting me my rims and working on alternates when the initial choice was not available. I worked with Pat also and he is a great guy also. I just expected the car to be cleaner, or perhaps i'm just too anal about that, lol.

I would definitely recommend anyone in Toronto interested in a FIAT to visit Maranello FIAT.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found bits of that white sticker in a couple places as well - I think it was just so pervasive after being removed that it was easy to miss a few
Yeah when I detailed it those pieces were wedged in areas pretty good, took some work. I was more disappointed in the amount of sticker goop that was left behind. No worries now though, car looks great! I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Be sure to post some pics when you pick it up:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts