Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi kids!!!

Just picked up my new Black Sport on Saturday, so far so good. Not high on black but it was the only sport on the lot, the dealer sold 5 on Saturday and they just arrived on Friday. I wanted the limited ED but again, all sold.

Now for some bling!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Mofa,

Had to jump in as neighbour. Congrats on your 500. Still much debate chez nous about getting one. Loved my time in them in Italy. I saw them at the SE Marine Dr store here- quite a thrill seeing them on the NA streets, too.

There was a white PE available- so tempted- but I was afraid I'd have to sleep in it for a while. I don't think the sport is a compromise at all, though.

Keep us posted on your experiences with the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Living on the other side of Harper-ville in Toronto, but getting awfully close to buying one myself. Only thing slowing me down is deciding if I want the convertible or not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In Vancouver also: I test drove a black sport at the Marine Dr dealership the other weekend (maybe your's!). Not a question of if but when, but I did get an e-mail from the dealership saying the Abarth would be available here in the fall which I would prefer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The stealership is lying to you. It seems almost certain that we won't see the Abarth until Feb 2012. They just want you to sign a contract. Personally, I think I'd be happiest in the standard Abarth (135 hp) this version at 170hp in such a small body will definitely be a harsh ride and potential torque steer nightmare. But they needed to go with the big engine to 'compete' with the other hot hatches out there.

I'm not sure what's going through people's heads, but I haven't bought a new car since my '96 A4 (except for a CRV for my wife) when 200hp was considered extremely powerful. Now any sport sedan has @300hp, and do 0-60 in under 5 seconds. That used to be Ferrari territory. IMO, it's just way too fast to actually enjoy since you can't floor the car without risking your license! I'm a firm believer that it's much more fun to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow.

This base 500 is definitely less powerful than I would've chosen, but I suspect that it will be more fun to drive then the much faster Abarth that will require more driver restraint. Grrrrr... I hate restraint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts