Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Pop with Auto Trans. When I used the configurator on the Fiat site it says Blue Me Hands Free is standard feature. I noticed when I got home no Blue Me. So I looked at other Pops and the dealers website and there a Pops that have 'wireless phone connectivity' as a standard feature on the window sticker. Mine has no Blue Me on the sticker nor does it have Lwireless phone connectivity' listed as a standard feature. So I called Fiat Corporate customer serive and they said yes Blue Me is a standard option. They walked through the configurator and built my same car, clicked on standard features, and it says Blue Me is standard. I told them it is not on my car nor is the 'wireless phone connectivity' that is listed on the window sticker of some Pops that are the same configuration as mine. So they are going to esc
pos

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

As I understand it, very early Pop models did not have Blue&Me standard, but a few months ago they changed this to make Blue&Me standard on all models, so all Pops built after a certain date should have it installed.

I ended up with one of the ones without Blue&Me so the dealer gave me a discount of about $440 on the price.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it, very early Pop models did not have Blue&Me standard, but a few months ago they changed this to make Blue&Me standard on all models, so all Pops built after a certain date should have it installed.

I ended up with one of the ones without Blue&Me so the dealer gave me a discount of about $440 on the price.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pat
thanks for the reply. I am going back to the dealer in the morning and either get a Pop with it or get some cash. ithe car is for my 19 year old daughter and I wanted the feature to keep her from using a cell phone while driving. Hands free was an important feature for her. My car was produced in March according to the sticker.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

That sounds like a good idea. When I bought mine, I figured that since I didn't have a BlueTooth Phone it wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I guess it may cost me a little in resale, and eventually I might get a newer phone. I can see how the handsfree capability could be really useful.

Hope everything works out for you.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to repeat what has already been said, but some dealers (ex. Fiat of Alexandria) are now discounting those early Pops $2000...a month ago the discount was $500.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to repeat what has already been said, but some dealers (ex. Fiat of Alexandria) are now discounting those early Pops $2000...a month ago the discount was $500.
I went to the dealer and they agree with me that it should be on the car. They say they had just learned about the problem from Fiat corporate. They are going to call Fiat corporate Monday as I told them I want the feature on the car. Since it cannot be added they need to find me the same car with the option, I think they are going to tell Fiat to take care of my issue not them as they will end up with a used Fiat if they replace the car. Will see what happens Monday.

·
Registered
249 Posts
FWIW, you may be going through a lot of hassle for something that doesn't work well to begin with... unless your phone is on the "compatible" list, and even then in some cases, it may not work for you. Blue & Me ends any and every call out that I try to make after 1 ring. No fix found yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FWIW, you may be going through a lot of hassle for something that doesn't work well to begin with... unless your phone is on the "compatible" list, and even then in some cases, it may not work for you. Blue & Me ends any and every call out that I try to make after 1 ring. No fix found yet.
My phone is on the list and I also want the USB port. What I dont like is the feature is suppose to be on all 500's and they dont bother to say that it is not on some of them. They admit the problem but really poor to find out what is standard is not really there.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

That's unfortunate. My dealer was the one who alerted me to the fact that the car I had chosen didn't have Blue&Me and then offered me a discount on it. I would have hoped other dealers would do similarly.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's unfortunate. My dealer was the one who alerted me to the fact that the car I had chosen didn't have Blue&Me and then offered me a discount on it. I would have hoped other dealers would do similarly.

Regards

Pat
No in fact Fiat corporate told the dealer it is my tough luck. I talked to Fiat Corporate and even sent an email to the President of Fiat USA Laura Socave and she did reply. Told me to contact customer no service. So I got screwed. And dont look for nay help from the corporate people on anything. Same Chrysler crap as usual. I am really disappointed in them to say the least.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What does it say on your window sticker? If it lists it, you have a legal claim as the Window Sticker is a federal law. If it doesn't than you, unfortunately, don't have a leg to stand on.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My Blue & Me has some issues, but nothing that bad. My phone isn't on the compatible list, and it works pretty much flawlessly. It has some issues every now and then, but nothing major...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my Pop 1-28-12 and it does not have Blue and Me, but I did get about $2000 off sticker price. MY Fiat also does not come with the maintenance program, but does have warranty and road side assist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts