Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all totally new here but I need some help.
I've got a B0140 (Bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor Warning Diagnostic Light going for some time now and I want to get rid of it.
I though this would be a fairly easy DIY replacement and while I can find the part easily enough to purchase, I'm running against a lack of knowledge; namely I can't find anything that actually tells me where
it actually plugs in at both ends and how to actually replace it. The only video I found was 30 seconds and didn't actually SAY anything about it and I'm not even sure it showed the correct sensor.

So I'm looking for anyone in the Austin area who might have done or at least be familiar with the replacement of this particular part and can help walk me through the process.
I'd take it to a repair shop but frankly I've been struggling out of a financial hole for some time and frankly don't have that kind of money at this time.
I'm hoping that getting this fixed may also solve my oil leakage issue as a I definitely do NOT have $3k to fix that...8P

Any help is appreciated even if its just a better online guide or video

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
11 Posts
Hey y'all totally new here but I need some help.
I've got a B0140 (Bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor Warning Diagnostic Light going for some time now and I want to get rid of it.
I though this would be a fairly easy DIY replacement and while I can find the part easily enough to purchase, I'm running against a lack of knowledge; namely I can't find anything that actually tells me where
it actually plugs in at both ends and how to actually replace it. The only video I found was 30 seconds and didn't actually SAY anything about it and I'm not even sure it showed the correct sensor.

So I'm looking for anyone in the Austin area who might have done or at least be familiar with the replacement of this particular part and can help walk me through the process.
I'd take it to a repair shop but frankly I've been struggling out of a financial hole for some time and frankly don't have that kind of money at this time.
I'm hoping that getting this fixed may also solve my oil leakage issue as a I definitely do NOT have $3k to fix that...8P

Any help is appreciated even if its just a better online guide or video
hola, I think you meant P0140 Sensor 2 is always downstream that be on the bottom after catalyst converter, my sons fiat had the same problem, got the part on rockauto in a few day a good now.. our oil leak was the pcv valve O-ring

·
Registered
916 Posts
Before spending the money on the O2 sensor, you might look at Youtubes for how to diagnose. That code doesn't mean the sensor is bad, just that it is returning data that is unexpected. i.e. It could be the sensor, cat-conv problem, damaged wires or an exhaust leak, IIRC.

+1 on the oil leak. Leaks onto the head, or down the driver's side, are often the PCV (oil-air separator box) O-ring. It is a $5 part at the dealer and isn't hard to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, now if I can just find info on ho to replace both parts, not kmuch on youtube video-wise...at least not that i've found.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Change the PCV (and O-ring)

At about 4:40 you get a pix of the upstream (#1) O2 sensor being removed. At 7:09 he starts accessing the downstream (#2) O2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts