Fiat 500 Forum banner

Help please!

Tags
help
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  map 
#1 ·

Recently this thing popped out and won’t go back in and i’m getting annoyed with it as it keeps getting in the way when driving! I was wondering if there is anyway i can remove it or replace it for one that stays in all the time as i’ve tried multiple times to push it back in and it won’t!!

See less See more
#3 ·
I believe we are looking at the right hand side of the gear selector housing - or whatever the bulgy thing under the stick is called ;o)
Could easily be a european model - but pre-2016 european model as this little extra glove-box is replaced by a little net-pocket on my 2016 Popstar.
Thus I have never studied this mechanism up close, I have a hunch about how it could work ;o)
The long tab sticking up id right looks like it should go into some kind of receptacle - so my question to Beth is:
Have You recently found some weird metal clip on the floor ?
'cause I believe that the receptacle lacks one stange metal clip to keep the lid closed ;o)

#4 ·
I think Jesper has the answer. If the spring clip is not in the car, your dealer should be able to set you up with a new one.

If it's back ordered, it may take a run to the local hardware or hobby store. You could buy some of Velcro with the sticky back and attach it to the upper lip.

Alternatively, if you don't use that box, a more permanent solution would be silicone bathtub caulk. Apply a dab where the door meets the panel, and tape the panel closed. It will cure overnight and you can remove the tape. Apply it low enough on the lip so it doesn't squish out, and it won't show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.