Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you lucky owners of the new Fiat 500... especially you Sport owners..

I went to the dealership today to test drive the 500 sport 5 speed manual.. simply I love the car.. the only thing i don't like is when I asked the dealer about price negotiations he said he wasn't able to budge from the sticker price.. I was wondering if anyone else got the same feedback or were you able to negotiate a price.. Also if you could let me know what state you're in and how much you paid for the 5 speed manual Fiat 500 Sport..

thank you

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea.. they would not move below the marl for me either. I think the dealers are working with rather small margins. Watch the addons and the the financing I.R. bumps. Addons include nitrogen service contract, extended warentee, ugly stickers, ect... If they sign you at a higher interest rate... Salesperson gets a bonus.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes, not much room to negotiate. if you go onto 'cars.com', you can see sticker pricing and invoice. very little profit margins. figuring these dealers just put up hundreds of thousands of dollars to build or remodel buildings, they're probably not going to be making much of a profit, if any, for quite some time.

your best negotiating tool, if you have one, is your trade-in and its value.

best of luck....the Sport IS an awesome car! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all very much.. I was just wondering. The dealer told me the same thing. No worries, I guess now I just have to pick a color I like and figure out if I really want the sun roof or not..

·
Registered
38 Posts
The price margins are pretty low so it's hard to negotiate a price drop.
I ended up paying the sticker price for my Sport ($18,488 CAD) but got them to throw in the Bose speaker package and alarm system for free. I had to play two dealerships against each other to get the deal, but it's possible to get a few things thrown in when you order.

Hope that helps.

D.

·
Registered
343 Posts
thank you all very much.. I was just wondering. The dealer told me the same thing. No worries, I guess now I just have to pick a color I like and figure out if I really want the sun roof or not..
If you aren't over 6' tall, get it! The car feels bigger and more airy with it, and IMHO, it looks pretty slick when it's fully open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you aren't over 6' tall, get it! The car feels bigger and more airy with it, and IMHO, it looks pretty slick when it's fully open.
don't worry. I fell in love with the car ever since I test drove it.. i was just wondering if the sales person was giving me a line because Fiat just opened in New Jersey

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I bought a Pop instead of a Sport, but my dealer (in northern Virginia) said the same thing about prices being fixed. However, since mine was an early version Pop without Blue&Me they did deduct $440 from the sticker price for that.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
76 Posts
Give it time, the "list price only" tune will eventually change ... they said the same thing when I was considering a Kia Soul ~ 1.5 years ago, and now they are discounting them a fair amount. Also, understand that the dealer profit is not the sell price - invoice price. They also get the "holdback" which is a set percentage of the MSRP (regardless of sell price, percentage is based on the brand, typically between 3% and 5% of the MSRP), as well as unit count incentives at the end of each month. Our last two purchased (Honda and Subaru) were both "below invoice", yet the dealers both still made $$$.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Every price is negotiable.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'd like to add that I think they were lowballing the **** out of me on trade to see if I'd bite. And I did not.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd like to add that I think they were lowballing the **** out of me on trade to see if I'd bite. And I did not.
yeah, my trade in value should be between 7 - 9k. one dealer offered me 5k, now he is sending emails and leaving voicemails begging me to come back after I drove 50 miles each way for him to waste my time with some lowball ****.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Buy at the end of the year and get a great deal on a "leftover" Sport. I got mine (new) for the cost of a new Pop... no complaints!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Buy at the end of the year and get a great deal on a "leftover" Sport. I got mine (new) for the cost of a new Pop... no complaints!
Not likely you'll get many replies to these really old posts, plenty of newer posts though if you are looking for more interaction. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts