Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow is the big reveal at the LA Auto Show.

Im looking forward to the pricing and specs as well as hopefully the release date.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well tomorrow is the big reveal at the LA Auto Show.

Im looking forward to the pricing and specs as well as hopefully the release date.
Isn't it Wednesday afternoon, the 16th, at 4:35 pm EST?

·
Registered
453 Posts
No pricing, but I was just perusing my local dealer's "Reserve your Abarth!" page and they had this to say...

Chrysler has just released their specifications on the 1.4L MultiAir engine that will equip the Fiat 500 Abarth. The 1.4L MultiAir Turbo will be rated at 170hp, that's up from the standard European spec'd version with 135hp and even up from the optional Esseesse version with 160hp.

The US version 1.4-liter FIRE Turbo with Multiair
170 horsepower (128 kW) @ 6750 rpm
170 lb.-ft. (231 Nm) of torque @ 3000 rpm

That power output, 2.04hp/cu in (124 hp/litre), puts the 1.4L MultiAir Turbo engine as having one of the highest specific power values in the world!

In addition to the upgraded power plant, the Abarth will also sport unique exterior features including a full body kit, wider fenders, and Abarth badging. Due to its early 2012 arrival, the Abarth model is expected to wear a 2013 model designation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Isn't it Wednesday afternoon, the 16th, at 4:35 pm EST?
Yep, got the email from Fiat about that last night. Luckily, my boss is leaving at 3:30 tomorrow, so I'll be glued to my desktop here. :)

If it is in fact 170 hp, I'll be stoked, assuming a reasonable price point, several color choices, sunroof availability, true manual transmission .... :p

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I think the colors will be red, black, and white. They grey/gray would be my choice.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I think the colors will be red, black, and white. They grey/gray would be my choice.
You just want Superman in Clark Kent clothing!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts