Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's been a long wait. Having a blast with it so far.

Reactions: I want one

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Kzod, now with 40% less Kzod!

That or the salesman is 7 foot 7. Congrats!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, I do look ridiculously short next to Josh. But, can't make too many excuses since I am short at 5'6. Next time I'll make sure that instead of him standing so far in front of me, that he's way behind the car!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Congrats!
Definitely my favourite colour combo on a 500C.

·
Registered
433 Posts
were you able to fit both of you kids or did you have to come back for the other ?

grats again on your purchase, looks awesome =)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, so here are my first impressions.

-Torque is plentiful if you gun it over 4,000 rpms.
-Torque is fun. Let her rip.
-Again, again.
-Hmmmm, pretty crappy fuel economy numbers. What's that about? 12.6 l/100km after 60km. Hmmm, better slow down (not) :p

plenty of room for the kids and wife with all the car seats. Rear headrests are making themselves comfortable in the trunk. I have my seat up as high as possible (without going through the roof when it's up), and can make out the top of the cars behind me through the rearview mirror that way.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My mileage was pretty bad at first. Once the motor wears in and I learned how to drive it, I saw a 6mpg average increase. I have about 2000 miles now.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I too felt the MPG's were not as impressive as I expected but I think that comes from being too mash happy with the accelerator. As long as I can get 24-25 though I'll be happy since it matches the car it replaced at that and usually gets nearer to 30MPG on average. I haven't driven over 1K though so we shall see as time progresses.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My sport button is always on and I rev over 3,000 most of the time and I still get double the gas mileage of the RX-8 it replaced. I am seriously having fun with this car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't really complaining about the mileage. It all depends on how you drive it. Drive any car hard (even a Prius) and your mpg's will plunge. By comparison I drove my son to a theme park today about 14 miles from here and averaged close to 40 mpg (6 l/100km) driving it much more relaxed. So, it can be done, but what fun is that?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
What am I doing wrong lol.

My best average is 34mpg. Most of my driving is top down though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts