Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My name's Alexis and I am a "soon-to-be" owner of a Fiat Pop 500, except I have a bit of a problem which I need advice on.. Here's my story...

A couple of weeks ago I visited a local Fiat dealership to agree on pricing and to evaluate my trade-in. I received a good offer for my current car (2009 Prius), but I had to come back several days later to test drive (their Fiats weren't PI'd).

This past Thursday the Fiats were ready to drive and boy, did I take a lonnnngggg test drive - with no dealer in the passenger seat! I was instantly smitten and ready to buy. Unfortunately the dealership did not have the color and combo I wanted so I had to put down a deposit in order to place a custom order.

While I'm really excited about getting my Fiat in a few months I'm also scared for a few good reasons:

1. Their computers were down so they could not print me out my final order or give me a formal receipt for my down payment. My dealer is supposed to call me this week to confirm... I really don't want them to add on unnecessary things.

2. The car is going to take some time to build and my trade-in evaluation expires on September 1st and/or 150 miles and my Capital One car loan expires at the end of September.

I'm not really worried about the loan because I can reapply. I'm really worried that my trade-in appraisal will decrease - and my mileage increase (It's currently at 19927 miles and I'd rather it not hit 20k). Today I checked the completed eBay auctions for 2009 Prii and they're not nearly as high as my appraisal price.

Right now I feel completely helpless and I'm afraid something bad is going to happen. I can't really afford any decrease in my trade-in price.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I can't really comment much on your trade-in question, except to ask if you've discussed your cobwebs with your dealer.

For your deposit question, I ordered mine from my dealer before their Studio even opened. They had one car to test drive. When I put my deposit down, I had used the website to spec the car, and he used something similar to input my order. I gave him my deposit and got the credit card receipt back, that was it.

I expected something more, like a contract or whatever, listing what I ordered, what the price was, and what my deposit was. When I asked about that, the sales guy just printed off my order and wrote "Recv'd $500 deposit" on it.

I did feel a little squeamish at first, but it worked out ok. Nothing was added, no hidden charges or anything like that.

Congrats on your order. What color/interior did you get and did you add any extras? I have a Pop in the Oliva with the black/grey interior and the only thing I added was alloy wheels. I'll hit 10K miles this week and I love it so far.

Ryan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi and welcome!

I can't really comment much on your trade-in question, except to ask if you've discussed your cobwebs with your dealer.

For your deposit question, I ordered mine from my dealer before their Studio even opened. They had one car to test drive. When I put my deposit down, I had used the website to spec the car, and he used something similar to input my order. I gave him my deposit and got the credit card receipt back, that was it.

I expected something more, like a contract or whatever, listing what I ordered, what the price was, and what my deposit was. When I asked about that, the sales guy just printed off my order and wrote "Recv'd $500 deposit" on it.

I did feel a little squeamish at first, but it worked out ok. Nothing was added, no hidden charges or anything like that.

Congrats on your order. What color/interior did you get and did you add any extras? I have a Pop in the Oliva with the black/grey interior and the only thing I added was alloy wheels. I'll hit 10K miles this week and I love it so far.

Ryan
Okay good...I feel much better now.

As for the car I ordered a Fiat Pop 500 with auto transmission in Rosso (black/grey interior). When it arrives they said they could buy premium wheels and add decals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts