Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all. Having vastly enjoyed his Fiat 128 back in the 1970s, this old coot was thrilled to learn that Fiat had returned to North America. My new baby is a silver POP. I made it clear to the salesman that I wanted the base model, standard shift, no extras at all. After the usual palaver, he sold me this one for (in theory) the base price. It's standard shift but decked out with a "convenience group" (steering-wheel mounted audio controls, blue&me handsfree communication, leather-wrapped steering wheel), air conditioning, speed control, Bose premium audio, Sirius radio, and compact spare tire. I probably won't use half that stuff but couldn't resist what seemed like a heck of a deal. I just took the car on its first long distance excursion. I had loved zipping around town with it but wondered how it would do passing giant trucks, etc., out on the highway. Well, it was just as great out there, an absolute joy to drive. Ain't had so much fun since the hogs ate grandma, as my dear old dad used to say. Only downer is that I got a nasty paint chip from a flying stone, but such is life, eh?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hey welcome! I'm also a proud owner from
Edmonton Alberta, I have a white prima edizione. Which dealership did you get yours from?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey welcome! I'm also a proud owner from
Edmonton Alberta, I have a white prima edizione. Which dealership did you get yours from?
Got mine at Capital Motors. I think I have seen yours -- there aren't many of us around this town yet, are there? Cheers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Only downer is that I got a nasty paint chip from a flying stone, but such is life, eh?
I was going to ask my sales rep if there are any clear bra's available for the 500. I did a search in google but the only one I found was from a company in the U.S., price was $149 for the kit which is pretty good for a full face kit. I'd prefer to get it professionally installed here in Toronto though, if I can make a mess with a screen protector for my phone I can't imagine what I'd do with a clear bra for the 500.

Congrats on the 500! I remember when I was younger my dad had a FIAT 124 then a 131. He also had a 500 parked at my uncles house in Italy for when he visited, it had no floor on the passenger side which made things interesting.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I got my front bumper/half of the hood and half of the front fenders covered with 3M. Cant even tell its on there and it costed me around $450 for a shop here to do it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Soon I'll be driving around in my 500

Hello Everyone, I'm getting my 2012 Fiat 500 sport this week!! The colour I went with is Verde Chiaro(light green) Can't wait to start to see more 500's in and around Edmonton!!:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hey Mike! thats a great color choice, what trim did you get it in?
I have a white prima edizione that ive been having a blast with! so far I have it lowered with a custom exhaust and road race intake system. We should get an Edmonton meet together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts