Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone; I just brought my new Bianco perla Pop home from the dealership today, and figured now that I'm finished sitting in it in the driveway trying to figure out the controls, :rolleyes: it was a good time to join the forum.

I've been watching the process of getting these cars into production for over a year, and chomping at the bit for the time to come when I'd be able to test drive one, or at least see one in person! I have yet to see a single one of them on the street here in the US, but I saw quite a few last month when I was in the UK, and I knew I was sold, even without the test drive. So, yesterday I picked one out on the website of the "nearest" dealership (a good 40 minute drive away) and then went out there and bought it!

Got to bring it home today (financing outside the dealership apparently complicates things a little)... I still can't believe it's sitting out in my driveway, all cute and tiny, but it is (also can't believe that my loyal 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage is gone after 11 years, but that's another story for another day). Anyway, that's way more than I planned on writing, just to say "Hi", so.... Ciao!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome (from south-central OH).

Congrats on the car, I was like you, started following the 500 when they first announced it was coming to the US, then saw some in Europe in December '10 and I was sold. I would have bought one even if it drove like crap (which it doesn't, thank you!).

I've seen two in OH -- one up near you (I'm assuming) in Berlin (a yellow Sport), and one down here, two miles from my house (a yellow Pop), but it was visiting from VA, apparently. I also passed a hauler of 500s on I-71 about 20 minutes south of my exit.

I've had mine over a month and it's still just as fun as the first day I got it. I love it. Like one reviewer said, "When you drive it, it just makes you... happy!"

Enjoy!

Ryan

·
Registered
334 Posts
Amazing how I make up excuses to "have" to drive my Sport...one would think the newness would wear off, but it doesn't. Welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts