Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'll need a car cover for my fiat 500 and I would like to buy a really good one, as I'll leave the car in the garage from Monday to Friday (I'll use it most on the weekends).

When searching for a good cover I run into these guys:
http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16665&cat=293&page=1

Everything was looking well and good until I found that thread:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules...opic&t=75463&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

After that I am no longer keen on buying any cover from them. (I have also sent them a few emails requesting further information about shipping, and they didn't seem to bother answering me).

Do you guys are aware of any other cover which fits better than that one (StormForce) and yet have the same good material?

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
According to a Ca. collector I talked to, you should not really use a car cover outdoors. They say under sun it acts like a boiling bag and cooks in the dirt. The best solution is to rinse it off if it's dusty.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
According to a Ca. collector I talked to, you should not really use a car cover outdoors. They say under sun it acts like a boiling bag and cooks in the dirt. The best solution is to rinse it off if it's dusty.

a car cover still protects from outdoor elements way better, I live in a condo building with no covered parking, and the day after I wash my car, there is tree sap, dust etc all over the car. Ive purchased a Sila outdoor cover from 500madness. I wouldnt use the cover anyways if the car was dirty but I bought it because if there is a heavy storm, or the car is freshly washed/waxed i like to protect it a little bit.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I heard that there might be a 500 Madness coming to the east coast (perhaps just wishful thinking on my part since they would have a Smart Madness too). :D
Thanks for the kind words! :D

We don't have a physical location on the East Coast, but we certainly supply the East Coast and actually ship all over the world.

We have had many offers over the years to expand to the East Coast and even had people offering to launch a "MADNESS" in other countries, but I feel if we are not personally involved in the business we would stand to loose the reputation we have worked so hard to get in the community.

Because of this we have not opened up other locations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts