1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

new to the forum

I just got my HIDs from DDM tuning

i'm having a hard time removing the headlights to get those installed.

coming out of Jeeps to a tiny car is a little different :D lol

any guidelines would be greatly appreciated!!

I took the one bolt out that hold the headlight in place on the top. other than that I can't see or figure out how to take the headlight out!

Here's my 500 next to my Jeep

Lo2aY

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
according to Chris's 500Madness website i think you have to remove the bumper to take the headlight totally out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to Chris's 500Madness website i think you have to remove the bumper to take the headlight totally out.
I was hoping not to go that far :(

posted same thread on their forum..

well I guess I should get started then!

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
The installation of a HID kit do not need to remove the headlight or front bumper???

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
What?! Remove the headlights? Bumper?:confused:

Remove the cap on the back of each headlight, drill a 1" hole in the centre of each one to feed the wires through, then just plug em in.

Simple.

Takes 10 minutes max per side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What?! Remove the headlights? Bumper?:confused:

Remove the cap on the back of each headlight, drill a 1" hole in the centre of each one to feed the wires through, then just plug em in.

Simple.

Takes 10 minutes max per side.
I saw your pics on the other thread.. I'm not really sure I want to drill holes.

that's why I want to take the headlight out and find an alternative route.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Why not just order another set of caps from the dealership. They're little pieces of plastic and shouldn't be expensive. Then you can just swap them over if you ever want to return the car to stock.

·
Registered
112 Posts
are you asking a question? or you telling me that I dont have too lol
I telling you that you don't need to remove the headlight or bumper!!I will post pic of my installation this week-end!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.