Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got off work early today and installed my DDM HID kit 9005 5000k

hardest part is drilling the holes for the wire harness the rest is easy... passenger side is the hardest because of limited space
installed the ballasts, slim ones directly to the sides of the headlights with 3M double sided tape
hid the wires under frame supports... the results are awesome a cool feature is when you hit the high beams..the bar goes up and you get extra light..its so cool you really dont need the double hid kit........for 50.00 shipped its a awesome upgrade

my next project was to get a light in the glove box......found a little stick on light added 3M double sided tape and bamm i have light
just push on and push off...works great these also work great in the cup holders set the drink on them and your water bottle lights up....

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice upgrade with the HID's. I purchased mine from 500Madness and it took 5 minutes to install. A bit pricey but well worth it as it is plug-play. I wanted to ask where you purchased the glove-box light. I've got plenty of 3M double-sided tape.

·
Registered
312 Posts
awesome I like the HID's, this will be my next sub-$100 mod....

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do it center on the light the hids are awesome
i was coming home last night after getting called in at work
it was 1:30 am and i pulled up next to a mazda 3 with 8000k or about headlights and fogs on
i pulled back even to see my light output versus his and i had more light on the road....i then put on my high beams and the whole freeway lit up.... these are awesome and yes a sub 100 mod thats off the hook

it would be nice to have the all inclusive set up but these are just awesome and it was fun to put it in

next up fog lights and more stuff love this car

·
Registered
237 Posts
my next project was to get a light in the glove box......found a little stick on light added 3M double sided tape and bamm i have light
just push on and push off...works great these also work great in the cup holders set the drink on them and your water bottle lights up....
That's exactly what I want! Thanks for the idea. I am heading to Home Depot tomorrow and grab this!!

...i pulled up next to a mazda 3 with 8000k or about headlights and fogs on
i pulled back even to see my light output versus his and i had more light on the road....
I am not too surprised about that. IMO, our 500 stock headlights are already a bit brighter comparing with some other cars'. Plus the higher K in HID, the dimmer it would be. I used to have 5000k for my 500, but it was too yellow-ish in my taste. Then I switched them to 6000k instead. Even for the same kit, my 6000k is already dimmer than my old 5000k.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 8000k in my intrepid lights up the signs at night insanely bright...... the signs that is

6000k in my ram in the fogs only......again ok i get flashed all the time

my new dodge my 500 has the 5000k very white and just right.... and when i hit the brights i see everything...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts