Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's upgraded their air filter? Notice any performance improvement?

500 Madness has them for $80 but I've seen off brands on eBay for about half that.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I want to get either a high flow or a CIA, but I'm worried about the "science" that says more flow means more dirt which will wear out the engine sooner. Is it really that kind of a trade-off, or is there a way to get better flow without sacrificing cleanliness?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'd seen that video, which is why I ask.
Of course, that video is promoting a specific product, and therefore not reliable. While they may be telling the truth, I can't assume that there are no exaggerations or half-truths or other information that is withheld or inaccurate. I'm interested in similar information that's done impartially, even and especially if it corroborates that information.

Also, I believe someone on this forum had one of those filters and was selling it for some reason. I forget if they switched to something else and why, or if they just had an extra or were a retailer/advertiser, though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'd seen that video, which is why I ask.
Of course, that video is promoting a specific product, and therefore not reliable. While they may be telling the truth, I can't assume that there are no exaggerations or half-truths or other information that is withheld or inaccurate. I'm interested in similar information that's done impartially, even and especially if it corroborates that information.

Also, I believe someone on this forum had one of those filters and was selling it for some reason. I forget if they switched to something else and why, or if they just had an extra or were a retailer/advertiser, though.

That was me who had it up for sale. For $80 bucks I think a high flow filter is a good investment. I did notice a little more grunt. I switched it out with a road race corsa intake, that is the real deal if you're looking for noticable power gains and an unreal sound.
An older lady in my city bought a 500C and used me as a referal which got me $500 bucks from Fiat so as a thank you I gave her the drop in filter and installed it for her.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
That was me who had it up for sale. For $80 bucks I think a high flow filter is a good investment. I did notice a little more grunt. I switched it out with a road race corsa intake, that is the real deal if you're looking for noticable power gains and an unreal sound.
An older lady in my city bought a 500C and used me as a referal which got me $500 bucks from Fiat so as a thank you I gave her the drop in filter and installed it for her.

RRM uses a K&N cone (gauze) filter right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts