Fiat 500 Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mileage update. Just hit 270K miles. Just put 3rd timing belt on. Original clutch and brakes too! My daily commute is 80 miles each way of highway. Only maintenance other than oil changes has been rear shock replacement.
So you're not waiting 150,000 miles posted in owner's manual.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
I thought the same thing. I'm close to 130,000 and I waiting until 152,000 miles to change mine as per the owners manual.
Is it realistic to expect that belt to last 152 kmiles?

I recently did the cam belt on my 88 Zuki and it is so cheap feeling I don't think that thing will last 10k miles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dabears whats ur mileage at , i remember u were approaching 200k ,Jmac post some pictures ,its nice to see these little cars hitting 200k 300k and so on ,i have 2 2013 sports no mileage at all on them one has 12k the other 30k work is only a few miles away they both have been very reliable cars.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Malena, a 2012 Sport, has 154,000 miles on the odometer and I am waiting for a water pump to show up before I take it in for the timing belt and tensioner, serpentine belt and tensioner and new antifreeze.
What can I do? I am not a mechanic, but I do my own oil changes and wipers and spark plugs and wheel bearings and, well, you get the idea. The dealer has a program/policy that cuts the labor rate for maintenance tasks and the timing belt falls under that heading. Yippee!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Glad to hear people are waiting a little while to do the timing belt. My car was one of the early builds where the manul didn't even mention maintenance past 100k.

I'm at 117k now - timing belt gets serviced at 150 yes?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Along with the timing belt. Replace the water pump too. I read someplace, even if you haven’t meet your vehicles replacement milage. It should be done, at a 7 year period. Deterioration.

Found this, off the web....

Your owner's manual is a good resource and will indicate the mileage interval recommended for your specific vehicle make and model. Depending on the manufacturer of the vehicle, mileage ranges for recommended timing belt replacement is anywhere from 60,000miles to 100,000miles and 6-10years old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello new here, specifically made an account to post on my fiat. 2015 fiat 500 pop Manual
40135 miles
No issues whatsoever...the oil filter housing is pain to get out, Gotta remove air box
Avg 50 miles maybe 4 out 7 days, I daily drive this thing
Car was purchase 2017 with 20k miles.
The only annoying thing is the random no start on first key turn, somehow the dealer never could recreate that scenario I showed them recordings. But the car might do it once per month now. Starts on second try always
I am happy with this little car zero major issues and 80% are highway miles I live in Ms, everything is far apart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondered of I might be pretty high up there on the mileage front. I have a 2013 automatic with 244000 on the clock. All its needed this far is all 4 wheel bearings and a timing chain (at least I was told by previous owner it was changed when I got it at 90k) headlight bulbs have burnt out more than anything. Drive around 65k a year

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wow... You are driving a Fiat 41,000 miles a year? When do you sleep?

Have you owned it long?

·
Registered
3 Posts
14,210 miles on the odometer, 7 months old
26,000 miles estimated per year
Changing my MAP sensor tomorrow, considering the mods, all is good.
I’ve got 93,000 miles on my Sport and it runs great. Have had 98% of all maintenance done at a dealership. Oil changes i do myself. And quick question, what’s the MAP sensor?

·
Registered
755 Posts
"The manifold absolute pressure sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's electronic control unit. "

121 - 137 of 137 Posts