Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone with manual transmission, are you enjoying this feature? I have never had a vehicle with a hill holder. I feel kind of weird about it, almost as if I am cheating or something. Any pros or cons of having this feature turned-on?

·
Registered
470 Posts
It takes some getting used to... If you are is a hurry it will hold you up a bit... If your girlfriend is driving it... she wont role back into the idiot that pulled rt up on her bumper. (This actually happened with the Audi TT we had prior)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I haven't had the chance to try it much yet (I tried it once, but the hill wasn't that big).

The only thing I really wish so far, was if it were a little easier to activate. If I tried it correctly it looks like you have to scroll past a couple thing in the menu to get to it.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
818 Posts
I haven't used it, but I've been driving a stick since I was 12 (and I'm 45 this year).

Choice is a good thing, but I must say, things like hill holders and parallel park assist do make me scratch my head. These things are all part of driving a car, and if you can't do them, I think a person would be better off to practice and learn than to rely on a feature like this. One of these days, you're going to borrow your buddy's car and it won't have park-it-for-me, then you'll be screwed! :)

Keep in mind, you're talking to someone who doesn't like automatic transmissions or power accessories, generally. I'd probably have paid extra if I could have gotten hand-crank windows on my 500. That'd be great -- roll-your-own, $300 option!

Ryan

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think its kind of cool. I never notice it except when it actually does its job. I don't rely on it but I do notice on steep hills where there otherwise might be a bit of backslide on the shift it holds tight for the brief but important moment. Doesn't get in my way but I am not doing jackrabbit starts on hills. Prefer straightaways for that.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
took me about a week to realize that it was a feature found it cool, not that I need it but it is nice, I back out of a declined drive way every day and it's a nice "creature comfort". Though I've just thought what'll happen in winter if there's ice and ... anyways time will tell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts