Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So currently, when I lock my Fiat, I don't get any notification (beeping or lights) and was wondering if anyone knew a way to turn this on (or if I even can)

I tried look in the menu where the DRL on/off and what not is, but I couldn't find it. Figured I would try and see if anyone knew about it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wait...so if it beeps that means you have a security system? Mine beeps, but I didn't pay anything extra for it, nor was I informed. I only really noticed it when my loaner Fiat from the dealer didn't beep.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Easy way to find out (assuming no stickers on the windows mentioning a security system) is to lock yourself in the car, then open the door to get out. If it honks and honks, then you have the security system. Unlock the car using the remote to disarm it. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My car does honk when I lock it and I found out quite by accident that I have the alarm. I went into a store while my girlfriend waited in the car for me. She tried opening the door while I was in the store and the alarm went off. Luckily I was only in the store for about two minutes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
First time I set the alarm off I was at the grocery store. I used the hatch unlock button on the remote. As soon as I opened it the alarm goes off. Sort of makes the hatch unlock button useless I hit the door unlock first and I can hit it twice and the hatch is unlocked.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's strange. I have the alarm, and the hatch unlock and opening does NOT set it off. I've used it several times, and love how it's a "unlock just this one, then keep it locked after I close it" kind of thing. Perfect for shopping when you only need to stash things, or to return carts far away from the car.

Reactions: BPLounge

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hmmm, I just went and tried it again and the alarm didn't go off. I wonder if there is a delay if you don't open it in a certain time. I don't remember how far back I was when I used the hatch button the first time, but it opened and the horn started beeping so I have been afraid to use it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have my dealer investigating with FIAT how to turn the beep OFF. Annoys the crap out of me, not to mention the neighbors. The flash of the lights is all I need.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I have my dealer investigating with FIAT how to turn the beep OFF. Annoys the crap out of me, not to mention the neighbors. The flash of the lights is all I need.
Good luck with that! AFAIK it can't be done on the NA cars. By all means let us in on the secret if you find there is one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep, I'd love to hear it as well. I often get home in the wee hours and hate having to make noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Horn beep

My wife and I bought two Fiats. The one with aluminum wheels beeps, the one with steel wheels does not beep.
Guess who wants no beep and to beep?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a different "problem" if you will on my 2012 Abarth... maybe once every three or four times I hit the lock button on the key fob after leaving the car, and after getting the regular beeps indicating the car is locked, about 3-4 seconds after the confirmation beeps I'll get yet another three beeps. I've gone back a few times to make sure the car's locked after these repeating beeps, and it is. Anyone know why every once-in-a-while there are extra beeps, or is this particular just to my car?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I have a different "problem" if you will on my 2012 Abarth... maybe once every three or four times I hit the lock button on the key fob after leaving the car, and after getting the regular beeps indicating the car is locked, about 3-4 seconds after the confirmation beeps I'll get yet another three beeps. I've gone back a few times to make sure the car's locked after these repeating beeps, and it is. Anyone know why every once-in-a-while there are extra beeps, or is this particular just to my car?
Did you have an aftermarket alarm installed? I ask, because while I only have a Sport, my vehicle only beeps ONCE when I press the lock button. I only have the FIAT, installed at the factory, alarm.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts