Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere in the manual and through the menu but I can't find an option to turn off the horn beep on unlocking. Is there anyway to disable that?

·
Registered
453 Posts
That would be annoying. Mine only honks on LOCK, and makes no noise other than the unlocking noise itself when unlocking. Mine might be different 'cus I have the Sport with the alarm, though. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you. If your car has the EVIC, check the options for something related to unlock sounds.

·
Registered
175 Posts
That would be annoying. Mine only honks on LOCK, and makes no noise other than the unlocking noise itself when unlocking. Mine might be different 'cus I have the Sport with the alarm, though. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you. If your car has the EVIC, check the options for something related to unlock sounds.
I noticed that your Sport has an alarm. In the Owner's Manual is states that you can program you key fob to open all doors with one push. On checking with Fiat Customer Service, I was told that you could only do that if the car has
an alarm. Are you abel to program your key fob to open all doors with one click? Just trying to determine if they are giving me the correct information.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hehe, no. In the in-depth manual, it says cars with an EVIC must look for the option to open all doors with one press in the user settings. Well, it's not in there. I tried following the "button press" programming guide several times to no avail. So, I guess you need a really early 500 with no alarm or EVIC.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been to my dealer with this issue several times ,, they tried but could not get to work....the had fiat teck involved .. they said it is not available ... Got fiat regional manager involved ...he said it was a misprint in the manuel...was sending me a letter stating that...never got it.. now dealing with corporate ...some thing fishy going on ..

·
Registered
453 Posts
fishy? no. more like the manual was written when it was possible, but updates to features have changed that, yet the manual was not correctly updated.
Don't assume something is intentional and malicious when it's probably just accidental and careless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the manual is written in a Eng-talian fashion?
Not necessarily grammatically incorrect, but kind of awkwardly phrased.
I have a feeling something may have been lost in translation!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts