Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which section 'horn modification' fits in, but I figured this is as good as place as any.

Anyway, I was never pleased with the tone of the original horn that the 500 is graced with. It sounds like something that was borrowed from a Neon or something...IMO, the car needs a horn more representative of it's character...Something like an air horn!

I didn't know if there was something that would be plug-and-play that would capture the noise, as I think it'd be a lot more fitting that what came on the car.

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
what's that one sound like, though?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
The FIAMM horns make a great sound! I don't think it matters much, because by the time you figure out where to press, you'll probably already have crashed! This is the only thing I don't like about my 500. I know the center is reserved for the airbag, but is there not a way to have a thin film button or something? It's just so wrong that that big emblem in the middle is not a horn button...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The FIAMM horns make a great sound! I don't think it matters much, because by the time you figure out where to press, you'll probably already have crashed! This is the only thing I don't like about my 500. I know the center is reserved for the airbag, but is there not a way to have a thin film button or something? It's just so wrong that that big emblem in the middle is not a horn button...

I dislike the horn very much, the centered FIAT emblem I worry I may actually dent and the large circle surrounding it although pressing gets the desired effect it is neither easily pressed or as simple as a small horn button could have been. I also recall hearing of more than one instance where the center emblem portion popped off, I try to press outside of it in the circle carefully.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts