Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked with the studio where I ordered my Abarth a cople a weeks ago. They said they could see it in their system and that it is past the point where changes can be made, but they don't know whether it is "allocated" yet. Whatever allocated means. I asked if they could give me a VON, but the guy said it is not at that point yet.

I'm curious, though. Did you get your VON and/or VIN from the studio, or did Fiat email that information to you?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
83 Posts
I spoke with my studio today and they said that they were getting orders together to enter into the computer as a "hold" so as allocations open, the orders will flow in. He has 5 orders coming in next week, and in theory 5 more orders should be allowed to be entered into the system.

Good luck! I'm still waiting to input my order.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I received my VIN from the Studio after they submitted the order. I would believe that you would also receive yours from your Studio.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I received my VON on Mar 8 (input Mar 7), and VIN on Mar 10th. It's no where ready to be built. They should have both the VON/VIN by now I think. YMMV

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I received my VIN from the Studio after they submitted the order. I would believe that you would also receive yours from your Studio.
Same here. Order placed on 3/7.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's just odd because I've seen on other Fiat Abarth forums that people who placed orders at the same time are actually having their cars delivered in the next two weeks. That just sounds kinda wonky.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am hoping that I'd be one of those who are getting theirs in the next two weeks. Mine was ordered back in Feb, built on 3/14/2012, and went to storage on 3/18/2012 on hold. Hoping it won't sit more than a couple of weeks at most before it ships. It takes about 2-3 weeks by rail to make it to MD so I figure mid to late April for me. Anything earlier would be pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Im in Canada and received my VON when the order was placed.. Haven't received the VIN yet until the car goes into production I believe.. Hopefully that is soon..I was luck enough to get in the first allocation from my dealership so should be hearing something soon about the stage of production.. However heard that Canada is getting less allocation then the US and some custom orders won't be arriving till July or Aug

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting. It seems from everyone's responses so far that I should be able to at least get a VON from the studio by now. My order is in the system and I can't make any changes to the options so they are tracking it somehow. Makes me curious why they haven't given me the VON yet.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My dealer said that the only VON\VINs available for Abarths are for those that have already been allocated to the dealership.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer said that the only VON\VINs available for Abarths are for those that have already been allocated to the dealership.
I asked my dealer if my car had been allocated yet and he said it wasn't quite at that point. Though, for some reason I thought that options could be changed anytime before it is allocated. Probably attributed to my misunderstanding of the allocation process.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I asked my dealer if my car had been allocated yet and he said it wasn't quite at that point. Though, for some reason I thought that options could be changed anytime before it is allocated. Probably attributed to my misunderstanding of the allocation process.
Find another dealer. Fast.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Deposit placed 2/9 - order placed by dealer week ahead of fiat's schedule - still awaiting vin / von
I ended up calling the Director of the studio. He was the one who took my order while the salesman is who I've been talking to since. Should have just bypassed the salesman and called the director. I asked him for my VON and he said, "sure, hold on a second." Took him a couple of seconds and he gave it to me.

So, krissee, you should have a VON.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts