Fiat 500 Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Went ahead and asked my car the sensor ids on each wheel using AlfaOBD and then checked it against what the car thought. Looks like mine moved around too. I guess the lesson learned is to not trust the location.

If after driving the car at speeds above 15mph the system does not pick up the sensors then you may need to perform an ECU reset (this happened to me when changing the wheels this year). In order to perform the ECU reset (which will reset the TPMS programming) pull your negative battery terminal connector and wait for 10 minutes. Then plug it back in and you should be good to go.
I just had new tires put on my 17 500X Lounge and now I have a message saying my TPMS needs attention. Do you think doing your suggestion will clear this out? Thanks.

I just had new tires put on my 17 500X Lounge and now I have a message saying my TPMS needs attention. Do you think doing your suggestion will clear this out? Thanks.
Do you have your tires filled to the correct air pressure? You batteries are probably dead. Need to replace you sensors. The TPMS batteries, only good for five years.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.