Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after seeing the SEMA 500's..Im really into vinyl wraps. When I bought my prima I was told by the salesmen that yellow ( my favorite color, was my first choice) would be an 8 month wait..only to see one 2 weeks later on the lot! So im thinking of doing a yellow wrap. But even though im getting a really good deal I dont want to spend the money for a wrap that only lasts a year or so. One of my olds bosses from a previous job runs a vinyl/decal shop but Im wondering how durable are these wraps? I live in a colder climate that gets lots of snow and a fair amount of rain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Hard to say how long they will last. Matters on the climate, and temperature, I would guess. A lot of the wraps I've seen look wrinkled, when there around a tight corner. Or have bubbles in them. Weird cut mark too. Seen a lot a wraps on smart cars. They look good from a distance, but close up, they have some issues.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Typically a wrap will last two years before it starts looking shabby - rips, chips, then wrinkles and bubbles as the vinyl loses adhesion and integrity. Longer on show cars which cover few miles and spend most of their times on a stand.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I tell our customers to avoid a true wrap if you care what it looks like up close.
The bigger the piece of vinyl, the more little bubbles or wrinkles you will have.

I good vinyl will last 3-5 years. If you do accents or a design (like I have on my car), the finer the detail, the shorter the vinyl will last since smaller sections will have less adhesive and will start to lift sooner. Sharp corners or edges will also lift sooner.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I just googled your question and this is what I found:

"I heard somewhere about 200 plays I think, before you begin to hear a drop in sound quality. Though this will depend a lot on the quality of the pressing and how well out take care of it (e.g. using decent needles, keeping the record dust free, storing them upright at 90 degrees to prevent warping)."

....but for some reason I think they were referring to something different entirely! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts