Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I paid exactly list price. You should at least go in knowing the true list price. Go to fiatusa.com and make a duplicate of that vehicle to see what the list is. As far as I can tell, though, that's a good price. I got one almost identical to GotFiat without sirius (or the hitch), and paid $19,250, which was list. Most of the time, auto puts 2k on top of a manual, which would be 21250, plus that one has sirius and tomtom. So yeah, I'd say that's a good price.

Don't let them sell you on crap at the end, like paint sealant or other nonsense.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you have a trade in, push really hard on that.
I traded in a really really rough conditioned 2003 Jeep GC with 125k miles that from my research was worth 2k on a trade. They offered 2k, I pushed really hard and got them to bump up to 2500.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I got a little over KBB on my trade. (very little over) I was happy about it though. It started out $3000 less. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought a 500 Lounge Convertible pretty loaded. MSRP was $25,250 and I paid $24,550. Kept my record in tact. Have never paid MSRP for any car. The only vehicle I have ever paid MSRP for is my 2008 Harley-Davidson Street Glide. Now day you can probably even get a new Harley below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bought a 500 Lounge Convertible pretty loaded. MSRP was $25,250 and I paid $24,550. Kept my record in tact. Have never paid MSRP for any car. The only vehicle I have ever paid MSRP for is my 2008 Harley-Davidson Street Glide. Now day you can probably even get a new Harley below MSRP.

Looks like you and I need to hold classes on how to buy a car

·
Registered
76 Posts
With an annual sales goal of 50k units, and an (Automotive News) reported sales to date total of ~ 11K units, I suspect that the "you have to pay MSRP - that's what we all charge" sales tactic is not going to be around a whole lot longer. Who the heck knows though, in this crazy market!

·
Registered
40 Posts
22k with tax and title

With Tax & Title (in NJ) and all, I paid low 22K.
Sport loaded -nav
including:
6 years maint.
2 years tire and rim
car cover
extra key
nick nacks
slush mats at dealer cost

Drove it home the same day.

I think I did good for my first car purchase without any help. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts