Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone think that the 4 door will be substantially longer than the current Fiat 500 2 door version? Or do you think Fiat will go the cheaper route and make a small back seat and rear door just for the novelty of a 4 door option for the market?

I hope Fiat designs it large enough so the rear seats are actually usable for everyday needs.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think Fiat will be smart and make it an actual usable size for us. From the looks of the pictures it does have a decent sized back door so that would mean some decent leg room and such.
Exactly, I don't think they'd take the short-cut route and make the Fiat 500 5-door properly. They have to remember that they are building it for the American market, which really loves big cars, so they have to make it functional and appealing to some.

Ya from the pictures it looks quite a bit longer. Fiat appears to be designing it properly, I just don't understand who would buy it. So many better options out there.
As for who would buy it, someone who wants a small car, but would like the option to carry a little bit of cargo.

I'm imagining that it would be the size of the Honda Fit, so a Fit buyer might be the one interested...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think that the Fiat 500 4-door will be about 1.5 times the size of the Fiat 500. That would be most logical, as it would still be fairly compact, but have enough room to actual carry things. It would be a shame if Fiat just squeezed in 2 more doors on the 500 just for the sake of calling it a 4-door.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
The 500L is a completely different car - like how a mini countryman is to a regular mini. Its larger by a large margin.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It will be here just like Christmas morning, you wish, hope and anticipate, and suddenly its here; your all excited for 27 minutes and then you start to moan and ***** about the things that you didn't get and complain about the things you did. Let's just be happy that they're building one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts