Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I listen to a highly modified iPod using lossless files, cables that 200 a piece and custom in ear monitors that are $900.

Ill tell YOU when it sounds great!! lol!

It is possible some factory settings vary a little. I just want to see if there's gain controls I can tweak!!!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are suppose to be equalizer settings with which you can futz.

The link to the full owners manual has a section on it.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are suppose to be equalizer settings with which you can futz.

The link to the full owners manual has a section on it.
pretty sure your talking about the standard radio. I'm talking about the actual Bose amp located in the trunk. anyone been able to get the cover off it?

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bose = Buy Other Sound Equipment

Overpriced and overmarketed mediocrity.

When I pick an Abarth up, one of the first mods I look forward to is completely swapping out the Bose speaker setup. I hobby in sound engineering and have a $1,400 Yamaha Studio Monitor setup to replicate the near to flat response a speaker setup should give you, similar to the kinds of setups professional recording studios use to design the music you listen to daily. Don't take my word for it, any expert will tell you that Bose sound systems are garbage. Fiat may make an attractive little car, but the only reason they probably bothered with a BOSE system in the first place is because common consumers recognize the brand as a quality item, Fiat saves money on installing BOSE speakers vs. a true quality brand, and at the end of the day the majority of customers are going to be plenty satisfied with the perceived value of their expensive audio system regardless.

There are MANY better alternatives, and if the original poster is looking to swap the system out or tweak settings in an attempt to get a better sound, I don't blame him! Good luck Fiat49 in getting the proper sound quality you're looking for. :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will agree there are
much better products out there. I'm not a huge BOSE fan although the original Bose 901's with the right amplification were amazing for there time. Was probably the last true audiophile quality product they made before "the cube" era.

The system in the Fiat isn't horrible and perhaps pretty good considering the price point I the car.

I would like to see if BOSE had any settings in the the amp before I bail on it.

I know it won't live up to my home
system if even my Tube Headphone amplifier set-up and it doesn't have too but if I could squeak a Lille more from it I'll be ok for know!! lol!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
181 Posts
i was surprised when i found out they used a bose system in the fiat.
in the past chrysler has used kenwood and alpine systems in their cars, would rather have either of those than bose.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I agree with shawn ,bose is terrible sound .I was in the audio field for the past 20 + years and BOSE is mass market JUNK!! But what can you do it not an option you can delete like spare tire.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts

Subwoofer

Part # 77KCK055Category: Audio/Video & Electronics
MSRP$359.00 Price may vary by dealer
Make a dynamic difference in your vehicles sound system. Kicker subwoofers are uniquely designed to integrate into your vehicle and enhance bass response.
Additional Details: Kicker single subwoofer provides 200 watts of clear sound. Installs in cargo area on driver`s side. Only works with base sound system. Does not work with Autonet Wi-Fi as both units are installed in the same space in the cargo area. MUST be used with 77KCK054 Amp.

Subwoofer

Part # 77KPK308Category: Audio/Video & Electronics
MSRP$858.00 Price may vary by dealer
Make a dynamic difference in your vehicles sound system. Kicker subwoofers are uniquely designed to integrate into your vehicle and enhance bass response.
Additional Details: Kicker single subwoofer and four-channel amplifier to enhance existing sound system. Only works with base sound system. Does not work with Autonet Wi-Fi as both units are installed in the same space in the cargo area.

*My Infinity Amp was under the rear seat. No sound adjustment. Bet the Bose's is the same. Tailored just for the 500.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That sub only works with the base sound system.

Somebody said it above...the Bose system is great for the subcompact class and I say it is a great value for the $350 I paid for it. The stereo was a major reason I went with the Fiat...I have modified the audio in some of my other cars but I wanted to leave this one alone because I didn't have the budget for it and because I leased.

I seriously doubt there is anything you can do at the amp level. Bose systems are like Apple products in that the consumer is blocked from tweaking the system, by design. In fact, when I installed a sub in my Bose-equipped RX-8, I tapped the lines BEFORE the Bose amp because the signals from the lines coming out of the amp are all screwy. (That system, with the sub and different tweeters, sounds pretty sweet).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts