Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Abarth and need to put my kids rear facing car seat into the passenger seat. I found some vids and info online about how to disable the airbag but it looks like the option is not in my dash menu like on other models. I don't see anything on it in the owners manual either. How do I disable the passenger airbag?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Correct. European cars offer a switch to deactivate the passenger airbag, but not in the US model. The NHTSA allows a disable switch to be installed, but my dealer said he had not heard of one in a Fiat. (I carry a dog.)

Pages 47 to 63 cover how to carry children. It's about as clear as something written by Ikea. In the old days we'd simply unplug the passenger seat sensor, but I don't know if that works in the 500. I've simply folded the rear seats and attached an anchor for the dog... probably wouldn't work for a child.

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/fiat/2017-500abarth.pdf

·
Registered
972 Posts
I stumbled across a video of how to turn off the seat belt beeper. It was in a Subaru, so don't know if it works for a 500. (I didn't try it b/c I want my beeper to sound.)

He started the car, waited for the beeper, then plugged, unplugged the seat belt 20 times in quick succession. The alarm went off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts