Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2013 500 Abarth. It has a ver slow but steady coolant leak, and the coolant is leaking from somewhere in the little nest of hoses below and forward of the coolant tank. The leak only seems to happen when the car is either running or cooling down. It does not seem to leak when the engine has cooled off.

The only thing is, because that area is so dark and tightly packed, it's hard to see exactly where the leak is coming from. But what body parts or shields can I remove to gain better access to that area?

Here's a picture of the area where the leak is located. It's somewhere below, and between the coolant tank and the filler tube for the windshield washer fluid.

car2.png

Any suggestions on what body parts/shields/etc., I can remove to get access to that area?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello again. Just following up to see if anyone has any suggestions as to how to gain access to this area.

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are sure it is coolant and not washer fluid? Have had to top off the coolant?

Cynical
Yes. It's definitely coolant. I've had to top off the coolant tank. As it happens, I've found the source of the leak, which may be an insufficiently tightened hose clamp, or perhaps a crack in the coolant pipe that this particular hose clamp goes around. I'm going to try tightening the clamp as a first step.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts