Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to post pics/videos on the forum:

You have to upload the pics to an online host of your choice and then link to it here using img tags. There are many options such as Image shack, Photobucket, you get the idea. (I use tinypic.com but they have changed to Photobucket I believe)

When making a new thread or making a post to reply to a thread, send a PM, this is how you can more easily post a pic to the forum.

There is a button (Insert Image outlined in red) above the area you type that you can click and paste the url of your image (second tab on the box that pops up when you click the button) into as well, that's the easier way and what I use. I always un-check the box to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Then click Ok and your image will appear in your subject area and posted along with whatever text you have typed as well.

This is Image button mentioned above:

This is the box that pops up and the red outlines indicate the items you need to click to post your image:

OK, that about does it, hope that is useful to anyone that isn't used to posting images to the forum!

Example using IMG tags: (I think the longer/harder method)

[ img ] your picture url here with file extension [ /img ]

Remove the spaces and obviously insert the url for example here is a url of mine... http://i40.tinypic.com/akzscz.jpg

Doing that in this way produces the image placement in the area the cursor is at that moment.

With spaces removed you see the image:

That placed as described above will make the pic show up here on the forum.

:cool:

The same method works for videos but using the video button which is to the right of the image button, that will embed the video into the typing area, for youtube it is best to click the Share button under the video on YT and past that into the forum input box for best results.

This is being placed here to offer help and a likelihood that it is seen by those in need. It will be posted in the website help section, the Introductions section, and General Discussion areas to try to make sure those that are new will see it, these areas I feel will be seen by our newer members so having it posted and stuck in these locations should help, at least that is my hope. (Been asked about it off an on rather often so I figured this would be a nice easy point of reference for anyone that needs to know.

Seeing as many would like to have the option to upload there pics directly here it should be known at some point a limit will be reached and old uploads will have to be removed before new pics can be uploaded. Go here to manage the attachments you have uploaded.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is really not user friendly way. Can it be fixed so it can be attached from our own computers?

You'd have to post in the forum for suggestions and hope the higher ups of AutoGuide make that change but as of now this is the best way seeing as using the attach feature will limit you after a somewhat short time. This is also likely done so offload the server usage and keep things moving faster which as slow as the forum has been lately it can use every little bit of help available.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What would be really nice if you could remove old photo's from your forum allowance.

Yet another good suggestion... I thought you could using the Manage Attachments but it may only be an option due to my permission levels.

If you go to your Inbox as if to check your PM listings and scroll down you don't have Attachments?

If you go here I at least can see how many and much and select then delete items.

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/profile.php?do=editattachments

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I deleted them. Lets see if I can add any new ones. Looks like there all gone now. View attachment 20962

Worked!

I guess many were not aware of the option to remove the old ones... I'll add that info to my How To on posting pics/videos. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts