Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Fiat Mall of Georgia in Buford, Georgia is offering hugh year end discounts ranging from $1,800 on Pop models to $2,200 on Lounge Convertibles. Are any of the Studios in your area offering the same kind of discounts? This will make it difficult for anyone who was thinking of trading for the new Abarth.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Who's Hugh and what would I do with a cheap one? ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Canadian website says $2000 off all models. That sucks but really it's kind of a wash because the financing is now 4.99%. I purchased with 0% financing. If you have cash now is the time to buy.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Team Fiat Mall of Georgia in Buford, Georgia is offering hugh year end discounts ranging from $1,800 on Pop models to $2,200 on Lounge Convertibles. Are any of the Studios in your area offering the same kind of discounts? This will make it difficult for anyone who was thinking of trading for the new Abarth.
yes, there have been dealers around here offering $1500-$2000 discounts for almost 3 month now.

they just have such a glut of inventory and they arent moving much product.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Botched/mediocre brand launch + overly optimistic sales forecast = lots of unsold inventory that will likely eventually sell at discounted price.

The 500 is just another econobox in the grand scheme of things so depreciation should be expected as with any new car. Just be thankful it doesn't depreciate as badly as SAAB (at least not yet)....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who's Hugh and what would I do with a cheap one? ;)
Sorry don't know who Hugh is either. Anyway I am sure you got the drift of what I was saying. I am sure re-sale values are in the toilet now. Forget about buying an Abarth.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
depreciation? Hardly....

Find an econobox anywhere that isn't offering incentives similar these days.
there are quite a few, and the ones that are dont offer discounts that deeply...especially on a first year model. when i sold my 500 to carmax, they tried to turn around and sell it for $500 under msrp. it sat for a month. they knocked it down to $2000 under msrp. it sat for another month. they ended up selling it for $3100 under msrp. t

that is abysmal on a car with 1800 miles and less than 5 months old. but, who is going to spend too much on a used model when new ones are being heavily discounted (for whatever the reason). that kind of disounting that early does hurt resale values.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am sure re-sale values are in the toilet now. Forget about buying an Abarth.
Eh, cars depreciate, film at 11. I was planning to upgrade to the Abarth later next year but what's given me pause isn't depreciation, but the rumors of a 135hp model next summer - a Cooper S equivalent. If it keeps the same ride quality of my 500 Sport while offering a bit of oomph, that's the route I'll take. However, I'm curious how it will be priced with the Abarth starting at $22,500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts