Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Subaru 360 is a textbook case of overcoming a disastrous launch of a first vehicle. I think they actually couldn't give them away. Quite a change.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The Subaru 360 is a textbook case of overcoming a disastrous launch of a first vehicle. I think they actually couldn't give them away. Quite a change.

Cheers
I'm sure you are referring to the U.S. as there are multitudes of 360cc engined cars of all makes still scurrying about the roads in Japan like beetles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm sure you are referring to the U.S. as there are multitudes of 360cc engined cars of all makes still scurrying about the roads in Japan like beetles.
Of course. Malcolm Bricklin imported the Subaru 360 into the USA. What made him think Americans would buy a tiny, underpowered, death trap is lost to history (but probably involved money). The experiment was a total and complete disaster, yet Subaru persevered and now they are a well respected marque. Good on 'em.:D

Cheers

·
Vendor
729 Posts
I love the little Subaru Van. I believe it used many of the same parts from the 360. Almost bought one that needed to be restored a long time ago, but thankfully my wife talked me out of it. The parts are practically impossible to get for it in the US.

Still love the van and the truck version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts