Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is in the process of parting out his 98 BMW 540i and it got me thinking. I really like the look of BBS wheels and I've been looking at a number of different replicas. The wheels are a 17X8 with a 5X120 bolt pattern and a +20 offset. They can be successfully redrilled to a 4x100, which is a common thing people do with older BBS wheels. The catch is they are not in very good shape. No bends, but the years have really taken their toll on the finish. They would have to be disassembled and refinished. Does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to get these redrilled? I mean c'mon, free BBS wheels, is it worth the work?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sell them to me...for free

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you dont run them I will!!

I have something similar in the works, those rims KICK ***!

·
Registered
777 Posts
id try them out. get tehm refinished and redrilled. if you dont like them im sure they would sell here quickly. That is a desirable wheel.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to try and grab them. Thing is I have to look for a set of rough 5 series wheels with bad tires so the car can still roll around. The E39 5 series had a slightly larger hub than other bmw models (74.1mm) so finding cheap wheels that fit has proven to be very difficult. I also found two places in town that can fill and redrill them to a 4x100. Don't expect to see these on my car anytime soon, this will be a long process.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, if you're having then redrilled anyway you might as well do 4x98 and skip the wobble bolts.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thing is the center bore is pretty large. I know 4X100 can work, but I feel I'd be cutting it too close with 4x98. Also with all the other cars out there that are 4X100, selling them in the future would be a lot easier.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Both good points. By the way, those wheels look great on the BMW but mediocre on the Mini, any idea how they'll look on the FIAT? I bet they'll look great, but I'm surprised they don't look better on the Mini.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you try them on and take a picture of the side profile. I am wondering how far they will be in reference to the fenders. If a 20mm spacer can solve this problem

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up dismantling them, stripping them down and selling them. I found a pic online of a 500 running them and wasn't in love with the look. Wasn't worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts