Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the new car, as well as the car it is replacing. Both cars are manuals. But the new one is a little safer as it has high tech stuff like shoulder belts, a working gas gauge and speedometer. It also has a heater/defroster and does not smell of brake fluid/oil/gas. I also expect an improvement in mileage.

I will miss the cost of parts on the Dodge though.

I was hoping to make it another year and replace the Dart wagon with a new Dart (based on the Alpha Romeo) but this was too good a deal to pass up. And I have always wanted a convertible. (to the point that I cut the roof off my first car, a 68 Plymouth wagon)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Finally a different color for a C. Congrats!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Exceptional color choice if I must say so. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great color choice (doesn't everyone think they have the best color anyways) and pretty big change from the rather large car to this tiny one in comparison, sure you will enjoy it.
The Dart was actually a compact for its era. And it is really not that big now. About the same length but narrower than a Accord/Camry. Much lower than modern cars, I sit much higher now in the FIAT.

The color was actually my 3rd choice behind Rame and Yellow. But it does look nice. And it is my daughters favorite color, she already has her eye on it for her first car (she is 10)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The Dart was actually a compact for its era. And it is really not that big now. About the same length but narrower than a Accord/Camry. Much lower than modern cars, I sit much higher now in the FIAT. The color was actually my 3rd choice behind Rame and Yellow. But it does look nice. And it is my daughters favorite color, she already has her eye on it for her first car (she is 10)
Two things then...it does look pretty big in the pics and secondaly, compared to the 500 most everything looks huge...hehe, cool either way, congrats!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new car is great. The guys in the parking garage at work actually cheered when I drove it in on Friday after my long lunch picking it up. They were not fans of the 46 year old car. Had to put the top up for the first time while driving in to work this morning. It should only happen a few times a year. I did not even know I got the wheel upgrade. Also the spare ( I guess they charge $150 for that normally.) I am not the kind of guy that is going to spend a lot of money on after market wheels, but I really like the look of these. I am toying with the idea of painting the calipers like a sport model, and maybe a black stripe that matches the roof color. And I will do a little research on the air intake.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Kill it with fire!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
the old dodge. I'm just kidding though. I like it in a quirky way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saw 2 silver 500s on my way in to work yesterday. The first ones driver gave me a scowl for some reason. The second gave a happy thumbs up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts