Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I have been a downer since joining the forum because of all the headaches my 500 has given me since I brought her home a month and a half ago. BUT, I have happy to say, EVERYTHING IS FIXED!!!!

The rattles are all gone. The door bolt is fixed. The interior is all aligned. The car is even washed and beautiful. I finally got my real plates finally, so now I don't have to worry whether I'll get pulled over for the expired temp tag. I just installed an aftermarket XM unit and it looks seamless and sounds great.

After all of this, I think I finally remember now why I bought it. I really do like this car. There is so much good there, and I am hopeful that we can put our "complicated" relationship behind us...haha. Here's to many years of smiles :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Congrats. Even after a trip to the dealer, they couldn't fix my door rattle. Made it worse it seems :X

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took me two tries. The first time they did it, they only wiped it around the outer paneling. I told them to take sure they got it inside the two rubber pieces on the doors, and it worked. Bring it back and ask them to do it again.
Thats how I got it to happen.

Also, please call Fiat and kvetch so they will issue a recall so others wont have to deal with this.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Judging by the title, I thought this was a Rick Perry joke.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I bought a can of silicone and did it myself. No difference. Rattles and rattles and rattles. It sounds like it's coming from inside the door. If I put the window down a bit it goes away. On the invoice from the dealer it said they replaced the window regulator... ?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Also, please call Fiat and kvetch so they will issue a recall so others wont have to deal with this.
generally, "recalls" are reserved for safety related issues only.

manufacturers can issue a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) so that when a customer comes in for service with complaint, the tech can access the information to see how to proceed with a repair.

Judging by the title, I thought this was a Rick Perry joke.
good one!!!! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts