Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went old school / rat rod with my 2012 500c Pop. I put Coker American Classic 185/55/r15 whitewalls and painted the steelies. I also lowered it with an Eibach kit.

I have gotten 26k miles on these and it’s time for replacements. I want a slightly wider whitewall this time around. I’m looking at Coker 185/65/r15 with a 24.45” outside diameter.

This will add approximately 2” to the diameter over stock size tires. Can I do this? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
According to a tire size calculator, difference is more like 1.5” in diameter, and should be fine on stock springs. Don’t know about Eibach...

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
You have a really nice looking car. I Love the radiovac 9 live cat front, license plate. The white wall, on it. Really doesn’t look bad. What do you have, on the B pillar. It’s a shame. You can have wheels made, that are the white wall. At a cost. You need some curb finders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a really nice looking car. I Love the radiovac 9 live cat front, license plate. The white wall, on it. Really doesn’t look bad. What do you have, on the B pillar. It’s a shame. You can have wheels made, that are the white wall. At a cost. You need some curb finders.
Thanks. I wanted to eliminate all the modern 500 badging, so I got old stock FIAT emblems for the B-pillars instead. I de-badged the dash, filled it in with Bondo, painted it red, and put a 1960’s water transfer decal for Hurst motor mounts of a Fiat with a huge V8 in the entire passenger compartment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! Did you ever upgrade to 185/65/r15 Coker tires?
I'm thinking about doing the same and wondered if you noticed any difference in acceleration or handling.
Thanks.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Now that is cool.

Probably the coolest 500 I have ever seen.

Man, would I like to go to the pool hall or the bowling alley in that thing!

Take that all you rice burner, lowered 500 Abarth owners!

Tedolph

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Yeah, curb feelers!

Gotta get those.

Would be perfect!

tEdolph

·
Registered
36 Posts
Total NOOB here - I just put a deposit on a leftover 17 Pop and am looking for ideas - I LOVE the look you got. Makes me want to get the 1957 white wheels for mine and put white walls on them. Now - If I can only find those wheels at a decent price with center caps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
this is such a cool build! do you have an instagram? i love the decal on the dash. did you wrap the car or get it repainted?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Google "Baby Moons" - guess they date back to the 50's - they originated from the Moon caps (which completely filled the rims).

To my best recollection: watch "American Grafiti" to see what was in style back when retro was the new thing ;o)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts