Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
My first car when I was 17 was a 87 Supra Turbo that pushed maybe 6psi lol, I got dusted by a honda civic si in a race, dont feel bad, spend your money on something better.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
The FIAT scene?

You mean capuccini, crostini, silk scarves and Sunday rallies?

Do yourself a favor and buy a vintage 124 spyder.

They had a turbocharged version ;)

tedolfo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The FIAT scene?

You mean capuccini, crostini, silk scarves and Sunday rallies?

Do yourself a favor and buy a vintage 124 spyder.

They had a turbocharged version ;)

tedolfo
I were looking at my engine bay yesterday and were thinking of going the supercharger route instead of the turbocharger route. So if I make the supercharger for the Fiat 500. Let say down the road I decide to sell it would anybody be interested in buying it off my hands.

I rather buy a K-1 Attack at least it has a H22A DOHC VTEC engine from a Honda Prelude.
k1-attack.jpg

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
I were looking at my engine bay yesterday and were thinking of going the supercharger route instead of the turbocharger route. So if I make the supercharger for the Fiat 500. Let say down the road I decide to sell it would anybody be interested in buying it off my hands.

I rather buy a K-1 Attack at least it has a H22A DOHC VTEC engine from a Honda Prelude.
View attachment 96161 [/QUOTE

No.

Tedolph

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Ok, serious question:

It bothers me how tiny the air intake inlet is on the normally aspirated 500. Just a little maybe three inch diameter hose feeding a giant air box. Now, would it make any meaningful difference to put on one of those carbon fiber ram air inlet hoods and somehow direct that ram air into the airbox ahead of the air filter? I assume that if this would really make any difference, somebody would already offer the product.

The reason I ask is that I know in the 60's, ram air intakes were all the rage.

Tedolph

·
Registered
945 Posts
Why not?

Because, other than the cost issue (buying a used Abarth is cheaper than turbo'ing a Pop):

1) Transmission will not hold up to the extra power. You'd have to build up the trans or swap it for an Abarth one.
2) ECU won't adapt to a turbo. You'd have to swap the full ecm/bcm/cluster harness from an Abarth, or run a standalone. Except there are ZERO standalone ECU's that can handle the Multiair valvetrain (see below).
3) Multiair - Besides the fact there are zero standalone ECUs that can operate the Multiair system on the 1.4 Fiat, even if there were, there are no tuners who know how to tune Multiair from the ground up.
4) Displacement and compression - NA to Turbo conversions typically have low boost compared to factory turbo setups. If you have a 2 liter or larger engine, you can easily cram a lot of air in there. On a 1.4, you can only put so much air in, and aren't going to get the power you're looking for without dropping the compression.

This ain't like a 1999 Honda ECU. Boosting this system is gonna be a LOT tougher than you think.

If you insist on boosting your NA 500, then your best bet is to yank out the 1.4 Fiat motor, yank out the wiring harness, drop a Honda motor in there with a standalone ECU and call it a day. No it won't fit without lots of torching and welding. But you'll have a turbo Fiat 500 ... ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi

I'm pretty much going to reiterate what everyone is saying here..... Buy an Abarth...... then come track it with me :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I'm here again with a different account couldn't remember the password to the ArtaNSX one. After I quit my job at Toyota I didn't have money to continue financing the Pop so I did a voluntary repo back to the finance company. Man oh man they were so pissed off. A few years later after numerous consideration jumping from one manufacturer to another. I decided to hop into a seat of a 500 again. But I only have cash for a used 500 not an Abarth. Those thing's is the Type R and they are becoming pricey. It's either the 500 or a Scion FRS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wait a few years, you'll grow out of it, Im assuming your late teens-early 20's hopefully
I'll be 41 years old this year. A lot of my job was all technician. From PC, Network, Master, Cisco, Automotive, Electronics, Civil Engineering, Cell Phone, and lastly Lube. The only odd end job I had was being a Stocker at a grocery store which was before the Lube Technician job. During the early 2000's I made fiberglass and carbon fiber part's for Japanese import's. It didn't go well I think is because I chose the wrong make of car to produce part's on. I still have a large roll of fiberglass in my garage sitting in the corner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a retro fitted headlights that resemble the style of Integra Type R for the 1990 to 1993 Acura Integra. It's probably going to be my last thing that I'll produce for the Honda scene. I don't feel like buying another Acura or Honda anymore.

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
I have a 2015 Fiat 500 Sport with 40,000 miles on her can I turbo my car:

Please help

Michelle
Sorry Michelle not really. The parts and labor along will cost more then you cars worth. The turbo engine vehicles engine block, and internal components are upgraded and stronger. Then the stock 101 hp engine. You would have to upgrade the cars computer, and software. You might be able to find a salvage Abarth, or Turbo 500. Swap your engine, intake turbo, electronic, and exhaust. It will cost you, a small fortune. Just trade your 500, in for a Abarth, or Turbo. It would be more cost affective.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts