Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a $1000 budget and want to mod the car a bit. What are the most worthwhile mods? I was thinking something along the lines of an air-intake and springs.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a $1000 budget and want to mod the car a bit. What are the most worthwhile mods? I was thinking something along the lines of an air-intake and springs.
I'd say the Road Race ECU upgrade and intake and springs, that leaves enough to have pay for the spring install as well as the other two you'll be able to do very easily. Probably still have a little left over after the three items. I'd have said exhaust before springs but I think that'd hop the costs a bit and you mentioned springs so it's obviously something you'd like to have. My first three would be ECU, intake, exhaust and then springs (or coilovers) and rear sway rims and tires.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd say the Road Race ECU upgrade and intake and springs, that leaves enough to have pay for the spring install as well as the other two you'll be able to do very easily. Probably still have a little left over after the three items. I'd have said exhaust before springs but I think that'd hop the costs a bit and you mentioned springs so it's obviously something you'd like to have. My first three would be ECU, intake, exhaust and then springs (or coilovers) and rear sway rims and tires.

I am with you on that, $1000 would not even get me started on my audio system..
I got a set of ROTA Wheels so i dont need that..

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd do suspension - something that lowered the car but maintained ride quality.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
hookers
blow

If you have any left, repeat.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,

To be honest, I probably wouldn't bother doing anything to my car, since I like it as is already. But, for the sake of discussion, if I got $1000 that I had to spend on my car, I guess I might look into some different wheels/rims (though since I haven't really looked into that type thing I don't know if $100 is alot or not enough to do much there).

Other than that, I think I'd maybe just look into rear floor mats, and maybe stuff like an emergency roadside kits, jumper cables, a nice tool set and the like along with stuff to maybe organize and protect the trunk, etc.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
so far ive spent $250 on spring, $275 on a Road Race intake and $375 on my magnaflow catback exhaust that I had a shop here make for me and the car is MUCH more fun to drive. Handling is better and definetely more power. If you're only going to spend $1000 and nothing more on mods, I'd do those 3. The Eibach Pro Springs didnt make the ride that much harsher and the difference in handling is amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts