• Doesn't matter / Undecided

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Fiat 500 came with the option of HID lights, would you choose them or would you choose traditional head lights and save some money?

Do you think there is a good chance that Fiat will include the HID lighting system?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, HID would be a terrific option if it was available. If the price was reasonable I would pay extra for them just for the extra safety during night time driving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would love to have HIDs on my Fiat 500. I think that Fiat may offer it as an option as a way to keep costs down, but I would still opt for it. If it wasn't offered at all, that's a simple aftermarket upgrade that could be made.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It doesn't really matter to me. If the Fiat 500 came standard with HIDs that would be great. If HIDs were offered as an option on the Fiat 500, then depending on cost, I may opt for it. If it wasn't offered, like Serenity said, it would be an easy aftermarket upgrade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes yes yes!!! HIDs for sure. If there is enough demand, I would hope that Fiat offers HIDs at least as an option on the Fiat 500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another cheaper alternative if there is no HID lighting is to go to a Sylvannia type bulb, silverstars are my personal preference - the light output is amazing compared to stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another cheaper alternative if there is no HID lighting is to go to a Sylvannia type bulb, silverstars are my personal preference - the light output is amazing compared to stock.
I've used the Sylvania Cool Blue lights before and granted they weren't as bright as HIDs, they were still better than the other bulbs. I haven't tried the SilverStars but I've heard that they are pretty much on par with HIDs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sylvania SilverStar lights are very much Not on par with HID! There is no halogen light on the market that can compare to the light output or longevity of a xenon charged HID capsule. There is roughly a 300% difference in light output from a SilverStar Sylvania light and a quality HID light setup and about 1200 hours of life span.

You might get close in color from a halogen bulb, but performance is not comparable. Hope this helps clarify... ;)

I've used the Sylvania Cool Blue lights before and granted they weren't as bright as HIDs, they were still better than the other bulbs. I haven't tried the SilverStars but I've heard that they are pretty much on par with HIDs

·
Registered
433 Posts
GM would probably make you order 2 option packages you don't want just to get HIDs... show me a FIAT 500 with a sunroof that doesn't have Safety & Convenience, Safe & Sound, or both.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed HID on my 500 and the light is incredible. I installed the 3000k in the fog and 6000k on the headlight. No warning light burned in the cluster. No problem works # 1.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I plan to install an HID kit in mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed HID on my 500 and the light is incredible. I installed the 3000k in the fog and 6000k on the headlight. No warning light burned in the cluster. No problem works # 1.
Any tips if I want to do this?
I have a h7 hid kit with relays etc
So just trigger the ballasts from the OEM headlight plug?
How did you pass the wiring into headlight?
No bulb errors?
and did you upgrade the 7.5amp fuses fo each headlight?
Thanks again

Ps any more pics of the headlight after the install?
I might do a DIY if I install them for everyone else

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any tips if I want to do this?
I have a h7 hid kit with relays etc
So just trigger the ballasts from the OEM headlight plug?
How did you pass the wiring into headlight?
No bulb errors?
and did you upgrade the 7.5amp fuses fo each headlight?
Thanks again

Ps any more pics of the headlight after the install?
I might do a DIY if I install them for everyone else

No relay on my HID kit because it is not bi-xenon and I made a hole for wiring in the cover. No errors and I did not make update to my fuses. No problems since installation.

·
Registered
4 Posts

No relay on my HID kit because it is not bi-xenon and I made a hole for wiring in the cover. No errors and I did not make update to my fuses. No problems since installation.
So you went from OEM headlight plug into HID ballast?
So you're still using the OEM wiring?
i.e you did not add/upgrade any wiring?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts