Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what 2 do next? My Fiat has no power whatsoever; no lights, radio, horn etc. Put in new battery & nada! At least old battery gave me dash lights & didn't lock my key in ignition! Help!!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Your new battery clearly does not have a charge, or is it backward? First thing first, check to see the voltage at the battery terminal, and make sure that it is installed correctly. It could be a defective battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no go!

New battery good, checked 3 times. Installed correctly, connections ok. Still No power, interior lights, dash readings etc. At a loss now!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey, welcome.

What voltage did you get? Did you charge it? I know those are obvious, but had to ask.

You could take the battery back where you bought it and have them do a load test. That's a remote possibility, but I've had bad parts before. I'd also check fuses (both boxes). I believe the one under the hood contains the main power fuses, but inside fuse(s) also. There should be a fuse puller... probably in the inside box.

...just total guesses...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well...if the battery checks out, and all wires are connected as they should, then as map said, the next point of investigation is the fuse. Hmm...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts