Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 500e
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an issue with the infotainment system to where when you try to change the units (like miles or km) it just says "setting not saved"? I can take a video of the problem and post it if this is not very clear, but my goal is to change the car from mpge to mpkwh, but when I try to change any of the settings in there, I just get a "setting not saved" error.
Interestingly though if I change the units to metric, after it says "setting not saved" the odometer changes to km. It changes back if I change to miles (Again with the same error popping up).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the 12V battery for a while and reconnecting it? Also isn't there a reset all user settings selection? If so, try that.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Has anyone else had an issue with the infotainment system to where when you try to change the units (like miles or km) it just says "setting not saved"? I can take a video of the problem and post it if this is not very clear, but my goal is to change the car from mpge to mpkwh, but when I try to change any of the settings in there, I just get a "setting not saved" error.
Interestingly though if I change the units to metric, after it says "setting not saved" the odometer changes to km. It changes back if I change to miles (Again with the same error popping up).
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
2017 500e
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did try the reset settings option, it did not help.
Thanks Alison, I will take it to my local dealer where I bought it if I can't get It to work in the next couple days. I Just bought it, and I think that part should still be under warranty?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I did try the reset settings option, it did not help.
Thanks Alison, I will take it to my local dealer where I bought it if I can't get It to work in the next couple days. I Just bought it, and I think that part should still be under warranty?
Sounds good! Please let me know if you need any additional assistance between now and when you take your vehicle to the dealership.

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
2017 500e
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
Got my car back from the dealership today.
They replaced the head unit and now everything is all good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts