Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like a long cai similar to competizione's offering. Not too sure why it's listed as MT only. Probably not the best solution out there, I'm partial to the short intake offered by road race, but I'm sure the quality is there.

Way too wet out here for me to consider this style of intake.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Better price.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread about intakes but I didn't see a limitation for manual tranny only mentioned for the Injen intake which would seem to be the same one found here: http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=40_65&product_id=499

Anyone have more info perhaps? Trying myself to decide on the Injen or the Road Race Corsa (which is cheaper but placed near the firewall and uses K&N oil based filter which differs from the oil-less cotton gauze filter used by the Injen)

·
Registered
109 Posts
That chrome pipe right over the cylinder head must get hot as s**t. I wish they wrapped it or painted it with heat insulation. Or made the pipe hard plastic. Speaking of....K&N is dragging their feet with products for our cars. They don't even offer a drop in filter yet. ???

·
Vendor
729 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread about intakes but I didn't see a limitation for manual tranny only mentioned for the Injen intake which would seem to be the same one found here: http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=40_65&product_id=499
I spoke to the designers of the intake at Injen and asked about the Auto tranny. The reason they stated that it is for the Manual only is because they have not tried to fit the intake on an automatic car. It should fit, but they were not sure so they thought to play it safe.

As soon as we get an Auto in our shop that wants to upgrade to an intake we will give it a try and if it fits we will update the listing and let everyone know. If you are in the SoCal Area, have an Auto and want to give it a try give us a buzz.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I spoke to the designers of the intake at Injen and asked about the Auto tranny. The reason they stated that it is for the Manual only is because they have not tried to fit the intake on an automatic car. It should fit, but they were not sure so they thought to play it safe.

As soon as we get an Auto in our shop that wants to upgrade to an intake we will give it a try and if it fits we will update the listing and let everyone know. If you are in the SoCal Area, have an Auto and want to give it a try give us a buzz.
THANKS! I appreciate the quick reply and the information provided, look forward to finding out which is the best between the Corsa and the Injen, won't be long before I begin ordering and when I do I plan to do intake, exhaust, maybe sprint booster, and springs all at once along with weathertech wind deflectors and cargo liner. :) (Rims and tires to follow as soon as I finalize my decision on which I like best)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
tweak, you have PM
Thanks and replied. :D

I'll assume the 2011 and 2012 model year as well as the manual and auto tranny can either one use the Injen without issue...definitely nice to know for sure and also I would think the Injen would be better than the Corsa but I could be wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.