Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the wiring is in place for fog light installation on the Pop? My dealer didn't know, but I suspect the same wiring harness is used on all models. If so, it would be a snap (literally) to install lights and switch.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Where are you from?

Are you decided yet on which fog lights you will be going with?

Post before and after pictures if you hb

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm from Pennsylvania. Check my 05-15-2011 post under Appearance & Body for links to possible fogs and trim pieces from the UK. I couldn't find any U.S. sources on the net yet -- unless someone can help here, too. I assume the UK parts are compatible and will fit, but not sure. So, there are plenty of unknowns, and hopefully, some answers forthcoming.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Odd that Fiat doesn't offer a retrofit kit in the Mopar Authentic Accessories catalog .... at least not yet. Heck, I can't think of a car I've bought in the last 15 years that didn't have a factory retrofit kit to put fogs on it!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Odd that Fiat doesn't offer a retrofit kit in the Mopar Authentic Accessories catalog .... at least not yet. Heck, I can't think of a car I've bought in the last 15 years that didn't have a factory retrofit kit to put fogs on it!
Ditto. I've asked my dealer to give me an estimate when my Pop arrives from factory...no word yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am purchasing a pop this week coming up and I have been doing much examining. The pop and Lounge utilize the same style foglight surround(on the lounge) and blank space(pop) my idea would be you can buy this surround and the foglight and wire it yourself and use a universal switch to power them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The foglights on my Sport aren't really worth the cheese to install yourself; you can do better with aftermarket, as far as performance anyhow.
Look at Hella Micro DE foglights; hook them up with a switch and relays. They work great and don't cost much.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fiat of Fairfield county quoted me 900 and 5 hours to install. Ouchie. I'm checking other tri-state dealers
I got it done on my Pop Cabrio at a Studio for $500 including parts, tax and labor AND 11 DAYS IN THE SHOP! Mine was the 1st they'd done.

The Studio ran into a few problems:
1) They broke the switch panel removing it. Had to wait for new part.
2) They mis-wired the lights which probably fried the computer because... The computer didn't recognized the lights existed
3) So they re-flashed the computer (but incorrectly)
4) Still no joy so they re-flashed again.
5) Then their only 'experienced' tech had an emergency family problem so work halted for a day or two.
6) Still no joy so they called corporate looking for technical help
5) They replaced the computer (Had to wait for part)
6) New computer wouldn't recognize key FOBs so another computer ordered (Had to wait for part)

I must say, it was painful waiting 11 days for a job that shouldn't have taken more than 2-4 hours tops! OTOH, they did give me a free rental so i wasn't out transportation.

This all happened in Aug of 2012. The lights have worked perfectly since. In fact, they are the best FACTORY fog lights I've ever had on a car. Still glad I add them.

Best part was, they broke the dash switch panel so, no cost to me. And their work is all covered under warranty so I can take it back if there are problems. I can't imagine how much it would of cost me if I'd wired them in wrong or broke the switch panel myself. This time I'm glad I had it done by the Studio.

..rickko..
PS. Check out the installation guide. There is a link to it in the part description on moparonlineparts.com (a forum vendor). This is not an easy installation IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a pop for a year and today I've ordered a sport with twinair. I'm wanting to add fogs and wondered if anyone knows if the wiring is in place and how the switch would work?

·
Registered
141 Posts
BCM is under the dash on drivers side. You have to remove some of the connectors attached to it and plug in the wires from the kit into the connectors.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Yep.

Be careful with the pin numbers on the BCM. You will be working upside down and backwards from what is shown in the drawings. The pin holes are not marked and you will have to count across and down from one corner of the connector.

tedolph

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
A lot of work installing those fog lamps. Good OEM PDF instructions. I remember the old days, adding fog/driving lamps, to a vehicle. Generic ones, lamps, relay, wiring, and a switch. Good 2 hour installation, at the most. With a cold beer. Choice of yellow, or clean lenses. Simple.

Glad my 500 came with fog lamps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts