Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows - I have a 30 days old 500c POP which I love. My only regret is that it doesn't make the sound that the Sport model does (fantastic sound may I add) I assume it comes from the exhaust? I am not an expert nor a mechanic but would love to find out how I could get that sound on my POP. Has anyone done it or thinking about doing it? :D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
It's all the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So where does the disctinct sound of the factory 500 Sport come from? I know that the Sport model is "sport-tuned".. and all and has a more ponouced note but if not from the exhaust, where is it from? ... I was hoping to pin point what produces that specific note vs a 500 Pop model, not going aftermarket.

Thanks for your replies so fat btw :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm big boned!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't driven a Pop model very much, but my Sport does seem to have a slight growling noise coming from the engine bay that has made a few friends ask if I have a Cold Air Intake already... not sure what it is exactly or if the Pop is the same thing (could be an exhaust leak already lol). It is most noticeable in a parking garage where it echos a bit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah.. I drove them back to back (pop and sport) and the grawl is very distinct on the Sport model. almost diesel at times. It was noticeably absent in the non-Sport model... I really like that growl!!! There has got to be a way to adjust/add to the POP model to sound the same. I'd ask my dealer but you how helpful they can be....

·
Registered
453 Posts
just get the RoadRace Cold Air Intake. That should do it. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I hear you. But I am not too much of an aftermarket guy... besides, I do like the sound of the Sport. I'd thought it would be easier to find out or understand better what creates that sound and see what it would take to go from Pop to Sport "sound". I am very puzzled by where the sound difference come from if not the exhaust as some have suggested here....

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Yeah, I hear you. But I am not too much of an aftermarket guy... besides, I do like the sound of the Sport. I'd thought it would be easier to find out or understand better what creates that sound and see what it would take to go from Pop to Sport "sound". I am very puzzled by where the sound difference come from if not the exhaust as some have suggested here....

Find someone local that has a Sport and has gotten an intake and exhaust and see if you can buy their old items perhaps, maybe it'll workout as you'd like. Maybe see if there are any local clubs or if the dealer can help point you towards some option although I'd be doubtful of them being much help, could know of some kind of local club though if that area is one that sells a large number of cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts