Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the wood company arm rest in my 500e and I'm very happy with the results. No more flimsy arm rest and nice to have a space to stow things!

A note to those with orange-red stitching: the orange stitching option on the wood company website is NOT a match. I had to hit it with some red sharpie and it looks perfect.

I left the metal posts for now. They do not interfere with the function and are not visible once the armrest is installed.

·
Registered
965 Posts
A bit pricey for what it is, but I guess that's what you get with boutique custom parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bit pricey for what it is, but I guess that's what you get with boutique custom parts.
Considering the cost of a replacement arm is $90-100 with shipping/tax and I may eventually need a second driver arm replacement and/or a passenger arm (they are known to break very easily) AND I now have some storage, it seemed like a reasonable price. Total cost $160 US including shipping. I could have paid less but opted for the custom stitching and sliding arm.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I repaired my original arm rest with Gorrilla Glue several years ago. It had split open. Looks like new now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks great, love how it matches. Is it sturdy? I installed an Armster but it mounts to the center plastic so it wobbles a bit. That piece isn't super stable itself so I may be able to fix it from the bottom up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great, love how it matches. Is it sturdy? I installed an Armster but it mounts to the center plastic so it wobbles a bit. That piece isn't super stable itself so I may be able to fix it from the bottom up.
Very sturdy under normal arm resting conditions and much more stable than the original arm rests. BUT if I put all my weight on it and try to move it there is some very slight movement. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts