Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I want to install an after market boost gauge (the prosport JDM series).
I have a 2018 595 Comp with the T-Jet engine.
Anyone has experience with this gauge or replacing the boost guage in general? any instructions video or something?
if not as I understand the Boost sensor that comes with the Guage need to be connected with a "T" Fitting on the intake vacuum line (better then the boost controller line as it can read also negative), can anyone guide me to the location of this line? if possible with a picture that would be amazing.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi Everyone
I want to install an after market boost gauge (the prosport JDM series).
I have a 2018 595 Comp with the T-Jet engine.
Anyone has experience with this gauge or replacing the boost guage in general? any instructions video or something?
if not as I understand the Boost sensor that comes with the Guage need to be connected with a "T" Fitting on the intake vacuum line (better then the boost controller line as it can read also negative), can anyone guide me to the location of this line? if possible with a picture that would be amazing.
Thanks
this may get you going, hopefully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot my friend
I saw this video at least 3 times :), the problem is that in this video it is the Multiair engine and not the T-Jet.
The T-Jet doesn't have the access port as in the video so I'm trying to figure out where is the location of the intake vacuum line.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oh, I didn't know that 2018 595 had t-jet. We never got the t-jet here in North America. Anyway, you could tap into a vacuum line at the intake manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes in NA it is the Multiair.
Do you know to tell me where is this intake hose? or how to identify it?
Thanks a lot for the help

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes in NA it is the Multiair.
Do you know to tell me where is this intake hose? or how to identify it?
Thanks a lot for the help
I don't know exactly on the t-jet, sorry, I've never seen it, so I don't know what the manifold area looks like. But the most common place to tap into is the fuel pressure regulator line, and I don't think t-jet is any different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I meant on the Multiair, maybe it is the same or at least will give me a direction :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thanks, I meant on the Multiair, maybe it is the same or at least will give me a direction :)
Oh, I see... It's too cold for me to go open the hood to take the picture, man. It's at the end of the fuel rail.

I just googled it quickly, and saw that there is an aftermarket adjustable FPR. That's really cool and entirely useless!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts