Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Started the install of the Vogland coilovers on my 2013 Pop. Did the rears yesterday and when all was said and done, it seemed to me like something wasn't quite right.
I'd appreciate if you guys who'd done this take a look at the pics, and let me know if you think the rear springs appear normal. This is resting, on it's own suspension and on level ground:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks right to me. What makes you think it’s wrong?
Are all the top coils supposed to be resting on each other? I know it's supposed to be progressive, but it looks like the bottom third of the spring is the only part doing any springing.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Are all the top coils supposed to be resting on each other? I know it's supposed to be progressive, but it looks like the bottom third of the spring is the only part doing any springing.
Eh! I've gone through so many shock/spring combos, and I can tell you, it's normal. When we talk about suspension travel, we are basically talking about fully extended to fully compressed. When stationary, the car is 'technically' in the middle (not necessarily always so, but you get the idea). So you are correct, at static, only the bottom half is doing the springing, but when moving, a car is never level, so the upper part of the spring comes into play.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hate springs that look like those...
I know they are supposed to be "progressive" but just personal preference i guess, i dont like coils on the springs sitting on itself like that...

are your rear shocks adjustable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts